Real Estate
Sponsored by

Buyer of our property sent us threatening letter

8,961 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like your buyers mortgaged themselves up to their eyeballs and can't even afford a couch for the family room, and are panicking because they found out that houses require money for upkeep. Send them a picture of a turnip and tell them they can have all the blood they can squeeze from it.
Rusty GCS
AG
Contact TexAg user Akita41. He once tore down his own fence to spite his Sip neighbor. I feel he can help you

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1891767/replies/27791096#27791096
cjo03
AG
Fence pickets are only .98 each. Buy a few and leave them on the porch with some nails and instructions to attach horizontally to the visible 2x4's..
Satellite of Love
Scan and post any future letters here.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
agracer
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

I found the Resale Certificate provided by the HOA that shows there were zero outstanding issues relating to my property at the time of close.

After speaking with my RE Agent, I also learned that the buyer has been complaining non-stop since we closed on the property about every tiny thing that he finds. He even complained to them about light bulbs that burned out shortly after they moved in.

My plan is to ignore any further complaints unless he tries to go through any legal channels, but based on the information I have now shouldn't go anywhere.

Thanks for the advice.
It was likely the management company (and they probably charged $200 for it) that sent the Resale Certificate with out actually checking.

Either way, IF you do decide to respond, sent a copy of that Resale Cert back to the new owner and politely tell them to FO.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I would ignore this until there is a 2nd communication. But if compelled to respond, it would be absolutely minimalist and relate only to what they specifically called out - the fence. "Enclosed is a copy of the Resale Certificate provided by the HOA dated ____ which was provided during closing." Then put a copy of it in there. They can draw their own conclusion that you basically just told them to **** off.
rlb28
AG
Bob_Ag said:

CS78 said:

Small claims can be a MFer. Elected JP judges with no required legal experience. Ive seen them ignore the evidence and legal standing and rule in favor of whomever they sympathize with. Often times the person filing the suite and voting in their precinct. And sometimes those rulings can be pretty substantial from the money side. I'm not saying to bow down but don't ever assume how things will turn out in court. Especially JP court.
Those are some fairly broad strokes you are painting. My experience in small claims was nothing like you described. None the less, if they took him to court over the fence, they still have to prove damages beyond the cost of repairing the fence issue, and what would those be? Possibly a fine from the HOA, that's pretty much it.

But sure, anything can happen. That's why they can appeal within 10 days of the ruling and have it heard in front of a new judge.

That's all assuming this person has any evidence beyond his word of mouth.
CS78, that's exactly what I experienced in small claims court. The JP, who has since died, told me he ruled against me because he knew the lady couldn't afford to rectify the problem, but he knew that I had the money. He also said he'd deny he ever said that to me.
agneck
You should have disclosed the fence problem. . Fix the fence or better yet give them the money to fix the fence get them to sign a release and get this BS off your mind
DannyDuberstein
AG
If his fence is not in violation of the C&R, then there was no "fence problem". Sounds like the new owner's real issue should be with the HOA trying to enforce items not in the C&R, not the previous owner.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.