Real Estate
Sponsored by

Why should I not sell my home with Redfin?

9,057 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Why not use an Aggie owned company and save even more? $1,200 for a full service listing. Call/text/email me if you are interested.

save@myredpear.com

713-303-9025
If I am reading your website correctly, you charge $150 every time someone ask to see my house?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That's not correct.

Here's our offerings:

For Sellers:
For $1,200, we will list your home on the MLS and help guide you through closing.

For Buyers:
Whatever commission a seller offers, we'll rebate you all but 1% of it. Typically, sellers offer buyers agents 3%, so in the typical transaction, we'll get 1% at closing, and the buyer will get 2%.

If a buyer wants to use us as their representation, and wants to see a home, my team's time is worth $150 an hour (one showing), and we charge buyers that for as many showings as they want to see.

Landlords:
We'll list your home on the MLS for $500, forward unrepresented tenants to you for showings, and give you advice through lease signing.

In summary, our services aren't for everyone. But we have already helped several Aggies in each of the ways described above, and saved and made some good folks some decent money. Part of the problem with traditional residential brokerage services is that the service and the fees don't sync up. Our model is attempting to do away with the commission model and create a system where you purchase services at a fee and you know what your costs are from the beginning. I'm not even the first broker to offer these services this way, and I'm guessing I won't be the last.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I forgot to mention that through December 12th, 2018, whatever listing service you sign up for, all proceeds go to the Captain Ernesto Blanco '98 Memorial Scholarship fund. You can make the donation directly to the A&M Foundation or pay me and I'll donate it.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
ForeverAg
AG
Why was my review of my experience of Red Pear Realty removed? It was a negative but very accurate view of how I was just treated and TexAgs removed it?
mazag08
AG
ForeverAg said:

Why was my review of my experience of Red Pear Realty removed? It was a negative but very accurate view of how I was just treated and TexAgs removed it?
You had a negative review based on something said on this thread?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Hey OP, I saw your post right after you posted it, and called you twice and texted you. After reading what you posted, I think there was definitely some signal issues going on, and each of us could only hear a portion of what the other was saying, leading each of us to leave that call frustrated. I'm generally one of the most happy people you'll meet, but I thought you were a scam call and ended that call just as upset as you were. So from me, I definitely extend my sincere apologies, and would be happy to buy you lunch or a beer sometime to show that.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
ForeverAg said:

After we read your post, we spoke to Red Pear Realty and he said he would jumped in on the conversation to explain the situation.

I know how Red Pear Realty does business, as he has been extremely professional with us. We took down the post because it did paint a clear picture of the entire situation. I'm not saying it wasn't accurate from your view, but you didn't have the details of what was happening on the other end of the line.

I'm responding to this because I don't want you to feel like you can't talk about your experience. I would bet money that if you get in touch with Red Pear Realty again, you will have a completely different experience.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Logan Lee said:

ForeverAg said:

After we read your post, we spoke to Red Pear Realty and he said he would jumped in on the conversation to explain the situation.

I know how Red Pear Realty does business, as he has been extremely professional with us. We took down the post because it did paint a clear picture of the entire situation. I'm not saying it wasn't accurate from your view, but you didn't have the details of what was happening on the other end of the line.

I'm responding to this because I don't want you to feel like you can't talk about your experience. I would bet money that if you get in touch with Red Pear Realty again, you will have a completely different experience.

Wow.

I will now be VERY hesitant to do business with TexAgs sponsors as I can't trust TexAgs won't continue censoring negative experiences folks have had with them.
ForeverAg
AG
Logan Lee said:

ForeverAg said:

How did I not have views of what happened. I typed out specifically what happened and he said it didn't and you take my view down.

I called Red Pear Realty and the person mumbled something. I said "Yes I am looking for Red Pear Realty". He said "This is him" I said, "Whats your name" so I didnt have to keep calling a grown man Red Pear Realty. He replied with "I dont need to give that information, if you have a question you can ask" I was shocked at his response and said "Wait What" He then said "Nice talking to you, good luck" and then hung up on me

As someone that did not hear my conversation Logan, how was this not a clear picture of what happened?

For the record he called me "Once" and then sent me a text. So even calling me twice is not accurate. Not trying to throw nonstop shade on the guy, but so far I am the only person that has told any truth here.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Ducks -

We don't censor but in this situation I thought it was for the best because of the communication I had with Red Pear.

I was hoping Jamie would be able to reach out to FoeverAg and explain and possibly end up still helping in whatever he needed. I was giving Jamie the benefit of the doubt and a chance to set the confusion straight. I would do that for you and all the other posters whether they are a sponsor or not... especially if I had communication with you or whoever it was.

I feel we handled it well and as you can see, he posted it again and we've allowed it to stay up. I still believe ForeverAg and Red Pear should Talk it out because I thinks it's all a misunderstanding and one that can be turned around.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Forever -

I understand where you're coming from and I've let the second post stay because it's become such a conversation piece. My thought process was that we could get the two of you together and work it out and everyone is happy. However, that hasn't happened so again, I've let the second post stay up.

Red Pear tried to reach out to explain the situation and to the best of my knowledge the two of you haven't talked. He's trying to explain and it seems legit so why not hear him out and potentially let him help you.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Hey man I know it's late, but would you be available for a call either tonight or tomorrow so that I can explain what I thought happened and apologize for misunderstanding?
one MEEN Ag
AG
Looks like the rest of us can figure out what happened. Sounds like both sides could use some training in how to start a phone conversation.

For starters, when I pick up the phone and call someone that I want to work with I start with, "Hi, I'm One MEEN Ag I'm looking for ____."

That way the person on the other end doesn't get the impression that I'm trying to fish some itunes gift cards out of them to resolve some mysterious IRS debt.

As a side note, Red Pear Realty, you might want to start including your real name in your sign off. At the end of the day you are selling yourself-not a brand.
Pepper Brooks
AG
This devolved quickly. MEEN has a point regarding a professional way to start a conversation but it sounds like Red Pear is a sole proprietor with one phone for both personal and business calls. I don't care if you think it's spam or not... that's a very questionable phone etiquette approach when just any any call could be a potential customer.
mazag08
AG
BoilerAg10 said:

This devolved quickly. MEEN has a point regarding a professional way to start a conversation but it sounds like Red Pear is a sole proprietor with one phone for both personal and business calls. I don't care if you think it's spam or not... that's a very questionable phone etiquette approach when just any any call could be a potential customer.
To be fair, as a licensed Realtor with my number plastered everywhere, I get 5-6 spam calls a day minimum. They are mostly from Houston area codes. I answer every one with.. This is mazag08.. and wait to hear what is said. If someone doesn't identify them self or state their purpose relatively early, its easy to get annoyed.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
If you are using your personal phone # as your business # , you might want to answer EVERY call as if it is a customer. Common sense isnt common.
JMac03
AG
mazag08 said:

BoilerAg10 said:

To be fair, as a licensed Realtor with my number plastered everywhere, I get 5-6 spam calls a day minimum. They are mostly from Houston area codes. I answer every one with.. This is mazag08.. and wait to hear what is said. If someone doesn't identify them self or state their purpose relatively early, its easy to get annoyed.
I'm not a realtor, but do have my own business. I too answer "Hello this is JMac" since it is also my personal phone and my day job sometimes calls me on it. I get a ridiculous amount of spam but I still answer every call the same. Sometimes I might pause before saying anything if it sounds like complete dead air when I answer but that's about it.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
DallasAggie0
Its basic phone etiquette that when you are calling somebody who doesn't know who you are, you introduce yourself after they answer, not start asking questions.

Further, you don't immediately go on the internet and disparage a business without attempting to rectify what obviously is a communication issue
Pepper Brooks
AG
You must use a different internet than me if you feel that isn't the norm.
mgreen
***STAFF**** Can we kill this thread? It has been derailed for days now. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.