Real Estate
Sponsored by

Rental in BCS

1,915 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SteveBott
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Okay, so my husband and I have finally got a better timeline and location for our relocation.

It looks like we will be moving to the Bryan-College Station area next month.

I'm wondering if anyone still has any rentals? We were originally looking at duplexes, but have decided we would rather get into a house. We need at least 3 bedrooms, and would prefer to have a garage or storage shed. We are coming from an 1900 sq foot house. We would be willing to sign a 2 year lease, and we do have 2 large dogs. We have a great dane, who is 6 years old, and lazy as hell. For a great dane, she is getting up there in age, and is certainly not very active. We also have a 9 year old labrador. He, as well, is not nearly as active as he once was. They both enjoy lounging around, and arent big fans of running. It would also be beneficial to us if there were at least washer/dryer hook ups. If necessary, we can provide washer/dryer, and refrigerator. We also have equipment for lawn care (mower, weed eater, edger). Our goal is to stay under $1250/month, but we can stretch that if necessary to around $1400 (absolute max, and would be a hard budget for us until we sell). It may seem a bit odd, but we would like a place with central air/heat, preferably in a more family oriented neighborhood (have a toddler), that is hopefully newer than 1950. Big asks, I know..

Our budget is what it is right now because we do own our current house, and will carry that mortgage until it sells. We are in a pretty stale market right now, and our goal is just to get out of it without having to bring money to close (anyone want to buy a newly remodeled home in eastern Montana?) Anyone willing to work with us on a lower payment until our house sells, and then bumping it to their normal rent? (have to ask)

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.
CS78
Your timing coudlnt be better. There's a ton of empty houses in College Station right now. Owners that don't have fall leases signed are getting real antsy. You need to come to town and drive around and look at areas you like. I would focus in the block south of Deacon, east of wellborn, west of Hwy 6, and north of William D Fitch. You should be able to find plenty of options for everything you ask for in that area. The great dane will be your largest obstacle. Drive around and look for signs that look like they were placed by individuals rather than management companies. Individuals are much more likely to negotiate with you. The rental market is in your favor so plan on negotiating.

Heck if you don't mind being closer to campus, you might even be able to pick up a nice new 4 bed/ 4 bath Agshack for $1400 if a cash owner is scared it will sit empty for a year.

histag10
AG
The driving around myself is the hard part. Im 1500 miles away. I'm hoping the great dane wont be a huge obstacle, as they arent listed as aggressive breeds. She was our rescue and had been starved and abused, so shes on the smaller side (product of malnutrition as a pup). Actually, at our last vet visit, her and the lab weighed exactly the same.

My biggest "no" areas are behind northgate, behind the apartments off of Harvey, and quite a bit of west bryan south of 6. I honestly wouldnt mind Southgate.

I think my biggest issue is I know the areas we used to party when we were in college, and I'd like to avoid those, but it's also completely possible that those areas are not "college kid central" anymore.

If the price is right, and the lease is long enough, we would be open to negotiating lawn repair before we move out (I know that is one big concern with large dogs), and possibly even some flooring repair.
JP76
http://www.realtor.com/rentals

I'd start with the link above

If the dogs are inside pets it is going to make it more difficult due to their size. For the $1200-1400 price range you are probably looking at 1200-1600 sq ft with 400-500 per deposits per dog if they will take them.

If you want to email me, I can send you by owner contact from signs I see around town. Also if you want to run a street by me I will give you my honest opinion of it as far as crime/students etc.

jpp_76@hotmail.com

histag10
AG
Email sent
jmazz
AG
I'm one of the owners noted above. I have a 5 bed/4 bath "Ag Shack" not leased yet. Rent is typically anywhere from $2500-3000/month b/c it's usually a group of students but I'd take just about anything at this point. There's no garage but I can add a shed...no problem. Dogs...no problem. I'll even have the yard maintained on my dime. Property is located just into Bryan on Aspen St...back behind Northgate a bit off College Main. Let me know if further interest and I can send more details. Thanks!
Punch & Judy
Hi...we have a 3bed/2bath rental available in a single family, family oriented neighborhood in south College Station. It was built in 1998. W/D connections. Comes with refrigerator. If interested, contact us via email: samthelb@yahoo.com.
histag10
AG
I would love more details!

Histag2010@gmail.com
dubi
AG
I'm willing to do a drive by if you message me addresses. You want to avoid streets full of all rentals.
dubi
AG
I like this one with a huge yard!
CS78
That's a really good price for that house. I lived in that neighborhood until 2014 and we loved it. Lots of young professional type new families. A few students but just far enough away from campus. Great location close to Hwy 6, HEB, and pretty much everything. I have three rentals there and am getting $1385, $1400, and $1585 for price comparison.
histag10
AG
Thanks! I sent that link to my husband. Don't know how I didn't come across that before. Likely looks like another one we saw and didn't like
SteveBott
AG
Dubi link looks solid

Side note why would you not at least put 4-5 trees in that yard as a builder. The curb appeal would be so much better.
montegobay
There is one across the street from us. Previous tenants had a lab. It's on Dresden. Managed by BCR.
histag10
AG
montegobay said:

There is one across the street from us. Previous tenants had a lab. It's on Dresden. Managed by BCR.

Thanks. I'll look into it. I do know we weren't really looking at BCR, as they seem to be priced considerably higher per sqft than most other management companies, and their online reviews seem to be a bit low.
histag10
AG
Thanks for all the help! Put a deposit down on a place, and we will officially move in in mid September.

Now on to the pesky task of finding a job.
dubi
AG
histag10 said:

Thanks for all the help! Put a deposit down on a place, and we will officially move in in mid September.

Now on to the pesky task of finding a job.

Good luck and welcome back to Aggieland!
SteveBott
AG
Good for you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.