Real Estate
Sponsored by

Posting policy re:Listing a property within this forum

40,132 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Creech143
Logan Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
After speaking with a few people that frequent the Real Estate forum and discussing the best plan for moderation within this particular forum, we have decided to make a couple of adjustments.

Last year, TexAgs made a moderation decision to disallow posts about specific listings of real esate for sale. The decision was made after tracking a number of users who simply used the forum to promote their business in the real estate world.

We have a number of sponsors who identify with the real estate market on our forums Traditions, AgsReward, Capital Farm Credit, Robinson Team, Millican Reserve and River Valley Real Estate and it is unfair to have random real estate agents promoting their business for free.

However, we also realize it's unfair to you as a TexAgs user to limit the topics of discussion on this forum. We want this to be a place where you can talk about, find and even critique particular listings that you come across. It would also be beneficial to some of you to be able to "list your property" on this forum.

There is obviously a thin line when it comes to determining abuse of the forum rules, which is why we've been working on a way to make this forum the best it can be.

Therefore, starting now, TexAgs will allow people to post their private properties that are for sale or lease, by owner, on this forum. With that said, here are the guidelines for those posts:

1. No 'Rookie' or 'Pro' status poster will be allowed to post real estate for sale or lease.
2. No real estate agent will be allowed to post their listings, unless it has been approved.
3. There are no limits on the allowed number of posts listing properties. However, if we determine someone is abusing the system, we will remove those posts.
4. We are asking you, the community, to monitor this as well. If you feel a post or poster is violating the community's good faith, flag said post.

We want the Real Estate forum to be a place you can gather in conversation and utilize everyone's knowledge about different topics for your betterment. We also want people to be able to benefit from the great audience that visits this forum.

Thanks & gig 'em!
aggiebq03+
Sounds like a good policy.
Glad for the hard work everyone at TexAgs does to make this a great community for Ags and others.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
TexAgs will allow people to post their private properties that are for sale or lease, by owner, on this forum.

So, if it's for sale or lease by a poster through an agent, is that ok? Or, are only For Sale By Owner listings allowed?
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
quote:
quote:
TexAgs will allow people to post their private properties that are for sale or lease, by owner, on this forum.

So, if it's for sale or lease by a poster through an agent, is that ok? Or, are only For Sale By Owner listings allowed?
We want this to be something where individual posters can utilize our forums to their benefits. This is not for agents to list their properties and enhance their business.

For sale by owner is allowed. No agent listings should be posted to this forum without the consent from TexAgs.

Thank you for asking.
Diggity
AG
I think he's asking if the owner of a property can post the MLS listing for their own home.
RVRE Co.
AG
It seems reasonable and fair to allow a home owner the ability to post their home for sale as listed by their Realtor.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I think he's asking if the owner of a property can post the MLS listing for their own home.
Yeah that was my question, but I think he answered it with, "No agent listings should be posted to this forum without the consent from TexAgs."

So, looks like if your personal house for sale is not FSBO, but is for sale through traditional means, best to check with staff before posting the link if I understand correctly.
Diggity
AG
The answer could be taken two ways, so I thought he should clarify.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
The answer could be taken two ways, so I thought he should clarify.
I dunno. If there's no agent, there's clearly not a problem with posting. If you hire an agent to sell your home, better check before posting here. That's what he said.
Diggity
AG
I read it to mean agents can't post their own listings.

I guess I don't see the distinction between an owner posting a fsbo or posting their mls listing.
techno-ag
AG
Ok, fair point. I guess I see how it could be taken that way.
mazag08
AG
I still never saw the problem in the first place.
TexAgs Sponsors
Staff
AG
If you are posting about your individual house, you can definitely do that, whether it is listed through an agent or not.

We do not allow agents to lists houses for their business or advertising, but if YOU, personally want to list your house, that is okay.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
quote:
I read it to mean agents can't post their own listings.

I guess I don't see the distinction between an owner posting a fsbo or posting their mls listing.
You are correct.

Agents cannot post their listings for business purposes. If a poster is trying to sell his/her home, they can post it on here, whether it is FSBO or the MLS listing.
Diggity
AG
Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying Logan.
edwardsk2003
AG
Good work here. Extremely reasonable.
dubi
AG
Glad to see a clarification. This board was sadly very underused to to the rules that were put in place previously.
Deats99
Aggie Family Ranch
AG
Logan Lee said:

Therefore, starting now, TexAgs will allow people to post their private properties that are for sale or lease, by owner, on this forum. With that said, here are the guidelines for those posts:
1. No 'Rookie' or 'Pro' status poster will be allowed to post real estate for sale or lease.

So, how long before a Rookie status tag can be removed from a username? I tried to post about a property I have "For Sale By Owner", but the post is now gone, and I assume it was removed due to the "Rookie" status, since I'm new to this forum board, but I'm not sure. Thanks for clarification about when a "R" status is removed.
BigJohn76
AG
When does the Rookie status go away? I have been a member for years but do not post a lot.. I have listed a house for rent two times and it keeps disappearing!
JRGAGG12
AG
Rookie (Minimum Posts: 0)

Pro (Minimum Posts: 31)

Veteran (Minimum Posts: 100)

You're welcome....
wessimo
AG
It is 2017 so this 2016 policy is now expired. Anything goes, post away!
74Ag17
Is this still the policy?
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Yes. This is still the policy
74Ag17
Thanks! That is a nice feature.
Bill Robbins
AG
Are certain Realtors allowed to solicit business while others are not?
angel147
Hello everybody, I'm a private investor seeking for deals to finance. contact me if you have a very promising deal.
LauraHoward
Bill Robbins said:

Are certain Realtors allowed to solicit business while others are not?
I am not sure if we can share third party links here, but here is an article that may help you https://nvar.com/realtors/laws-ethics/legal-blog/is-soliciting-homeowners-through-mris-allowed
mgreen
I am an agent specializing in residential but I am partners in an office condo. My partners have outgrown the building and it is now listed on MLS.. Can I post that?
xrayguy
I have a for sale by owner property I would like to list here, but I still have the "Rookie" status. Is there some other way I can post my property? I am relocating to San Antonio for work and need to sell it. I feel that the audience here would be interested, based on the location. Please advise.
itsyourboypookie
Can we not post networking events that we attend or speak at either? We aren't selling anything? What would it cost me to be able to post this information?

I was laid off three years ago, and because of a post on this forum found real estate investing, and have since built a few million dollar portfolio and no longer have to work.

I think paying it forward is the Aggie way, yet every time I post here, it gets zapped.
wilhunting
AG
LAME
http://linkedin.com/in/chadjhudson
MS08
AG
Howdy, Ags! New to TexAgs as of a few days ago. This is my first post on TexAgs and how appropriate that it's on the real estate forum! Passionate about real estate and live here in Aggieland. Looks like the real estate forum has not had a post in a while...
Diggity
AG
Welcome!

You're looking at a "stickied" thread, which stays at the top no matter how long it has been since a reply.

Look down two more threads (under the line) and you'll see the more recent topics.
MS08
AG
Thank you for the insight into how this all works! Haha. I will check out the other posts!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.