Real Estate
Sponsored by

Creekside - The Woodlands

7,253 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by bayouaggie
Drillbit4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are correct on the original Benders Landing. They were loose with the rules on styles and colors. In Benders Landing Estates, which is a completely different neighborhood, the ACC is much more strict on aesthetics. The HOA company is the same as the one used for Carlton Woods. The result has been nicer, more expensive homes with better curb appeal. This will be my second home in BLE.
jja79
AG
I don't live in BL and have been through it maybe 5 times. I was just relating what some builders I deal with told me. They said many people there are using owner/builder construction and the lack of builder restriction has brought in some builders who build big SF but not high end, custom type homes. I suspect they left because they can get better prices in other areas.
MAS444
AG
Goctha. What's the approximate cost/ft2 to build with one of the better builders? I'm assuming they have minimum square footage? I'd love an acre plus lot one day if I ever move out of the Heights...but can't see wanting 5000ft2 plus of a home (or even 4000 for that matter).
Drillbit4
AG
It probably starts at about $135/sq ft. Im on the high end of finish out quality and am at $168/sq ft with a big back porch and summer kitchen. I think the non-waterfront lots have min 2500 sq ft. But not sure.
The 2010 slowdown sent away a lot of unscrupulous builders. Everyone we interviewed with was legit and we toured a lot of nice homes. All of the builders aren't exclusive to BL - they build in the Woodlands, Augusta Pines, etc
MAS444
AG
Whose your builder (if you don't mind saying)? Does that price include everything...clearing the lot, dirt, utilities, build, landscaping, etc?
Drillbit4
AG

I am using Texas Elite Custom Homes

We were also impressed with:
Heavenly Homes (Great Aggie owner)
Cannon Custom Homes
Jameson Homes (Aggie owner)
Zac Murtha
TD Cox

bayouaggie
AG
We've been in Benders Landing Estates for 3 years and love it out here. I have two kids under 5 so the new schools out front currently get them through 8th grade and there will be a high school out here by then. There was an article last week that CISD bought some land on the other side of Riley Fuzzel for a future high school but we'll see. Great community out here with lots of neighborhood events and it's nice having the houses spread out and not in top of each other.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.