Team News?

8,553 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by taylorswift13_
DogCompany74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just renewed my season tickets, but really have no idea as to the team roster . Anybody have an update?
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
Artimus Gordon
AG
https://wbbblog.com/texas-am-womens-basketball-recruiting/

All I could find.
DogCompany74
AG
Thanks…looks like only 8 players. I'm not sure what's going on
Gap
AG
DogCompany74 said:

Thanks…looks like only 8 players. I'm not sure what's going on

I think we are at 11 after adding back Coulibaly and Sahara and the transfer Abdur-Rahim from SMU. So, we have room for 4 more heading into the Fall semester.
trackaggie76
AG
who do we contact to ask about the lack of WBB news?
Rudybryan
trackaggie76 said:

who do we contact to ask about the lack of WBB news?

great question......Usually I say start at the top....but Joni is going to Paris for the Olympics so my guess would be

• Title: Executive Director of External Operations, Marketing and Strategic Relations
  • Email: ajones@athletics.tamu.edu
fitzwatema
AG
I was wondering how the roster looked so I checked out 12th man athletics and I counted 10 players listed for the 2024-2025 season. Only 2 new additions, one incoming freshman and the transfer from LSU, is the limit on roster size 15?
Kbeauty63
AG
fitzwatema said:

I was wondering how the roster looked so I checked out 12th man athletics and I counted 10 players listed for the 2024-2025 season. Only 2 new additions, one incoming freshman and the transfer from LSU, is the limit on roster size 15?
don't forget the SMU transfer
greg.w.h
AG
Reach out to Trev. He will frame up an approach…
B$Weigem
AG
I'm really concerned about the direction of this program. I've always had major concerns with the x and o of the staff but never thought recruiting would be such an issue - yikes
aggiedrjdub
AG
It's not looking great for the program. The focus seems to be on transfers (juniors, seniors, and graduate transfers) only. No news on anyone else coming in. Year 3 and I really was hoping to see the tides turning in our favor. Maybe we are wrong; I hope we are wrong.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
mjschiller
AG
Coach seems to be focused on activities away from our team.
Marvin J. Schiller
WBBALLFAN84
B$Weigem said:

I'm really concerned about the direction of this program. I've always had major concerns with the x and o of the staff but never thought recruiting would be such an issue - yikes
To me recruiting and x and o's go hand in hand. What recruit is going to want to play where they don't see a coherent offensive plan? I've said this many times, Coach Taylor has an offensive system that could work if it was run to perfection and you recruit players that fit that system. In my opinion her first 2 years neither happened. I surely hope Coach and Staff create a system that fits the players that she has instead of plugging current players, that you recruited, into your system that don't fit. It baffles me that you recruit some dynamic capable players that don't fit, as I see it, your style of play.

Additionally, I've heard some of you all say we are lacking in NIL opportunities for the girls bball program at least, which may be a big problem in itself. With the academic and athletic resources that Texas A&M has, that can't be the reason a recruit doesn't want to play here. Oh well, I will remain optimistic and wish for the best.
Ag4eva95
Starting to feel like the old Jimbo Fisher offense….0
Bucketrunner
I think the lack of NIL is a large part of the recruiting problem, but I don't have the $$ or the ideas to solve it. The numbers I heard bandied about for the purchase of the LSU championship team were pretty steep.
Ag4eva95
Crazy that we aren't even in the top 6 for the states best talent. Aaliyah Chavez didn't even have us in her top 10. When you start looking up the other recruits in state, A&M isn't anywhere to be seen.

It's very alarming. I remember in Taylor's introductory speech that she was going to bring instate talent. That has not happened. I hope she has a short leash this year
aggiedrjdub
AG
There is absolutely ZERO buzz around the WBB program from what I've seen. MBB, women's tennis, baseball, softball, football (of course), soccer, golf, and even volleyball all seems to have more buzz than WBB currently. Was this a huge swing and miss by Bjork or are we being over dramatic about it? Wins are what matter; winning in the classroom and in the community is important, too, but that is really all we hear about currently.
RadCouncil 21
AG
Yeah, sad to say I did not renew my season tickets for this year (and I know that makes me part of the problem). Just not sold on the product...will hopefully make some games this year and the results on the court will prove me wrong.
DogCompany74
AG
It seems that Joni is spending more time on the national coaching gigs than building the program here.
trackaggie76
AG
Another mediocre year and she will be gone. I fear t u, lsu, and usc will torch us!
cs69ag
AG
Was a season ticket holder for last 15 yrs, but did not renew this year.
LIke Joni, but so far things not working.
Too much time away.
Not sure assistants are serving her all that well.

Gap
AG
Artimus Gordon
AG
Maybe Joni can come back to Texas from the Olympics with 4 recruits off the other countries rosters.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Well, they have posted twice in the last few days so at least we know the WBB social media team isn't dead.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
aggiedrjdub said:

Well, they have posted twice in the last few days so at least we know the WBB social media team isn't dead.
Rudybryan
aggiedrjdub said:

LMAO also proves someone must read this blog
Aceswimmer09
It's pathetic, she wasn't a good coach at Georgia and we expected her to be one here…hope she proves me wrong
DogCompany74
AG
I'm not sure if coaches in this day of player desertions are going to talk about why players leave but Joni has said nothing about the decimation of our roster. There was the drug bust and Barker's absolute refusal to take leadership role that marked what was an improving year but now seems we have to start over.
Ag4eva95
This roster at best might crack the top 25. This roster isn't built for scoring. If they figure it out defensively then great. But I highly doubt this team averages more than 65 a game.
Artimus Gordon
AG
https://www.usbasket.com/NCAA1/news/868699/Amirah-Abdur-Rahim-transfers-to-Aggies?Women=1

Says Amirah signed on May 1, 2024. But she is not showing up on the current roster.
MarcAg
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

https://www.usbasket.com/NCAA1/news/868699/Amirah-Abdur-Rahim-transfers-to-Aggies?Women=1

Says Amirah signed on May 1, 2024. But she is not showing up on the current roster.

She's posting on social media from Austin. Maybe she just not joining the team until August. She is reposting A&M women's basketball stuff like the team wishing Coach Taylor luck at the Olympics this weekend.
woodiewood
mjschiller said:

Coach seems to be focused on activities away from our team.
She needs to be back recruiting for this year and the future rather than spending time in Paris.

I'd give her this year and next year and if there is not significent improvement, I would replace her.

aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm sure part of her negotiations and contract details were that she would be allowed to work with basketball USA. I'm also assuming Bjork thought that would translate into drawing in recruits. This year hasn't been fruitful in terms of incoming freshmen, etc. I do think Joni is more focused on experienced transfers to fill the holes. We just don't seem to be the place to be and I don't see that changing until we start winning conference titles at the very least. We are so far behind the top half of the league. IMO, this year is crucial for Joni. Enough excuses. Produce.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

FYI - she is now showing on the roster...
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/C-At2Ogukpz/?igsh=MW9nODU2cGRqbXh3aw==
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.