European Trip

4,425 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by aggiedrjdub
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did any of our fans here make the trip? Here are some photos from the first couple of days. I know we will play some games, but haven't seen the itinerary as to when. Trips are good for team bonding.

trackaggie76
AG
I did see a pic of the ubiquitous GB tagging along.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Lots of pub about this!

Who do we play? When?
Artimus Gordon
AG
17 days since the initial post. Are they back yet?
Kbeauty63
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

17 days since the initial post. Are they back yet?

I think they got back last weekend
Rudybryan
no follow through to the fans at home - don't know when they played who they played if they won or lost .....
Artimus Gordon
AG
Dang Rudy of all people, I thought you would know something?
monarch
S
I didn't even know they were there and I'm a season ticket holder!
Peace for Ukraine!
taylorswift13_
They rarely used social media while on this trip… what a shame
trackaggie76
AG
so far I am a bit underwhelmed about next season....
monarch
S
I have men's and women's basketball season tickets both. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to keep the women's tickets, not because of this. Not ripping Joanie, but the experience is not like the men's games plus the bulk of the women's games are on a Sunday. Not good.
Peace for Ukraine!
Bucketrunner
We have had season tickets for a long time. We won't be renewing. Love our coach, but the product hasn't been good.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Not to be an alarmist, but it does seem like our program is dead. Really hope I'm wrong, but I'm preparing for a middle of the pack campaign this season (if we're lucky). Just saw tu got another top 5 recruit.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13_
monarch
S
All settled; told the TWMF that I was dropping the women's tickets and buying just the men's tickets. Didn't go over to well, but that's OK.
Peace for Ukraine!
Rudybryan
Bucketrunner said:

We have had season tickets for a long time. We won't be renewing. Love our coach, but the product hasn't been good.
Don't feel lonely - I also had a season ticket for a long time - I agree with you and not renewing.....
monarch
S
Isn't Joni an assistant with the US Women's Olympic team?
Peace for Ukraine!
Artimus Gordon
AG
Not sure if we are going to renew or not. We were miffed at the sloppy play and even left a game at halftime last year. Looks like Joni not only needs a few players but also some help on the staff.

Looks like we are opting out of season tickets for women's basketball this year. Going to get in line for baseball tickets instead.
aggiedrjdub
AG
That seems to be her priority.
Artimus Gordon
AG
So when will the Hades Olympics be over, so she can come back and round out the team. If there is anyone left to round out with? Maybe at least have walk-on tryouts like TCU did last year.
Ridgeback85
AG
Texas A&M basketball does not appear to be coach Joni's priority. We are not recruiting well in high school or portal and not playing that well. Worst of all, she is never around. I like her as a person but I don't see our program making progress right now.
MarcAg
AG
Ridgeback85 said:

Texas A&M basketball does not appear to be coach Joni's priority. We are not recruiting well in high school or portal and not playing that well. Worst of all, she is never around. I like her as a person but I don't see our program making progress right now.
I think that's an unfair comment to say A&M is not a priority for her. Just about every coach is taking that opportunity to participate in the Olympics. It's one thing (and fair) to say the off-season was not great. But I don't think the Olympics is the reason. I imagine if she didn't go to the Olympics, we wouldn't have seen much difference as far as player acquisition, if any difference. So I am not saying you shouldn't be critical of the offseason, but I don't think its because of the Olympics. Honestly if anything I think the Olympics will ultimately be a positive for Joni and A&M.
aggiedrjdub
AG
In comparison to the women's volleyball team, coach Jamie seemed to have continued recruiting while also coaching at the world championships. This is a critical year for coach Joni. If we don't improve by a significant margin, I don't expect her to last. From the comments, it appears season tickets are down. It will take winning to get them back up. Sad, but true.
MarcAg
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

In comparison to the women's volleyball team, coach Jamie seemed to have continued recruiting while also coaching at the world championships.
Joni got a commitment while she was in Paris. Again I am not saying recruiting and the offseason have been great, but I don't believe the Olympics is really the cause of that.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Oh I agree with you. We hired her knowing this was her focus. Hell, Dawn was in Paris the entire time and not recruiting either. Just saying, we don't seem to have a lot going in this program and unless things change, it's not looking good for her and her staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.