Sydney Carter

5,402 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Anchorhold
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rudybryan
She damn sure didn't deserve this.....but we all can be proud of how she represented herself and TAMU ......she is a total class act......

NEWS ONE
Black America's #1 News Source: Our News. Our Voice.
Facebook post-
A loser named Wayne Walker posed the question if Texas A&M coach Sydney Carter's pink pants paired with heels were "appropriate as a basketball coach?"
https://bit.ly/34rXRIT

Keith70Chevelle
Why is this being spun as a black or white thing
Bucketrunner
I don't know, but the replies from the black community went immediately to racism. Pavlov's dogs I guess.
aggiedrjdub
AG
The guy that posted the initial comment about her is black, though. What does race have to do with this?
Bucketrunner
Nothing. That's what makes the comments so strange.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
More Sydney is what we need!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Bunk Moreland
Syd is hot as *****
WAF78
AG
I saw her at the game. I wasn't offended with her outfit and I'm an old ag. You go girl.
Rudybryan
Dumb ass that postd didn't know teams wear pink for Cancer........so you know how much of a fan he is
TexasAggie81
What I'm much more uncomfortable with is her 48 conference record.
Anonymous Source
S
TexasAggie81 said:

What I'm much more uncomfortable with is her 48 conference record.
Hers?
Gig 'Em
Louis_Botha
Bunk Moreland said:

Syd is hot as *****
cringe
AggieBlu
AG
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/video/texas-coach-sydney-carter-defends-courtside-style-82978739
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Nixter
AG
AggieBlu said:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/video/texas-coach-sydney-carter-defends-courtside-style-82978739
This was on one of the TVs at the gym this morning. I didn't hear it, but I cringed nonetheless.

They had this story sandwiched between a story on the existential dangers of sexual assault and an alternative way to make guacamole. Seriously.

GMA is like the worst, most random, most asinine Youtube algorithm ever.
Artimus Gordon
I back Sydney! Nothing wrong with that. Good grief, some people.
Rudybryan
I knew if I looked long enough I would find this article on female coaches and heels.....

Why Do Female Basketball Coaches Wear Heels?
By Britni de la CretazUpdated Apr 02, 2019 @ 11:30 am

After men set the dress code, women have had to adapt to norms that aren't always comfortable (or even safe) for the job they're doing.

Coaching basketball is an athletic endeavor; coaches stalk the sidelines, run down the court, and jump around when a call doesn't go their team's way. Watching female coaches courtside, the adage that women can do anything men can and in heels is never more apparent.

But of course the coaching dress code (business attire like suits, ties, and dress shoes) has been established by men. "Coaches wear suits because that's what they do, because no one has ever bucked the trend," Jeff Halmos of the men's design firm Shipley & Halmos told the New York Times in 2013. Last year, according to ThinkProgress, 59.3 percent of women's college basketball teams were coached by women, which is down from pre-Title IX numbers (the legislation actually incentivized men getting into women's ball). But historically, even when a majority of women held these coveted jobs, they dressed in a way that mimicked their male colleagues and counterparts: in suits, but this time with heels.

Pleas go to linkand rest of article..........it is very enlightening.....
https://www.instyle.com/fashion/female-basketball-coaches-wear-high-heels

AG81
AG
Sidney Carter can wear whatever she wants while representing A&M. She's earned that right, and I see nothing wrong with what she's wearing.
Ol Jock 99
AG
They had a thing on this on a Dallas "news" station the other day. How the hell is this even a story? Much less a week long national story? "Random troll says mean thing on twitter, more at 11."
Anchorhold
The only thing I might ever be curious about her wearing is how often she wears her national championship ring. Gig'em Sydney!
Anchorhold
At least she wears the important ring.

Any word on Sydney's next step?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.