A&M Signs Transfer from Miami Hurricanes

2,702 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bucketrunner
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
6'3", physical, 5-position. Will be a junior this coming year. Welcome to Texas A&M.

Our staff never stops working!
Quote:

Sydnee Roby

"The classic physical-five player has been such an important part of our success and the SEC's for a long time," Blair said. "Which is why we recruited Sydnee so hard out of high school. I believe she is suited for the physicality of our league. The Roby-Washington family's familiarity with our university, players and staff played a huge role in her deciding that Aggieland was the place for her. We're excited about her enthusiasm to be a part of an exciting core of posts."

Roby comes to Aggieland after spending her first two years at the University of Miami. The 6'3 post player appeared in 50 games for the Hurricanes, averaging 8.7 minutes per contest. During her sophomore campaign, she was a menace on the offensive boards, recording an additional opportunity for her offense in 13-consecutive games to begin the year. She logged more offensive rebounds (51) than defensive boards (48) throughout her career at Miami.

The Milwaukee, Wisconsin, native recorded 10 points and five rebounds in just 14 minutes of action in an 80-71 victory Clemson (Jan. 3, 2021). During the 2019-20 season, Roby posted 11 points, while going 5-of-5 from the field in 13 minutes against Miami (OH) on Nov. 30, 2019.

https://12thman.com/news/2021/7/2/womens-basketball-womens-basketball-signs-sydnee-roby.aspx
lbasham
AG
If no one has transferred, we will have a roster of 16, with Kayla and Destiny not counting against ship limits.. Plenty of depth.
Scarborough Ag
greg.w.h
AG
Every indication GB is going big, not going home!!! Guess we should call him Gary "Going Big" Blair from now on!?!
fitzwatema
AG
Looking forward to seeing how the chemistry works with this group and how good they can be.
aggieFann
lbasham said:

If no one has transferred, we will have a roster of 16, with Kayla and Destiny not counting against ship limits.. Plenty of depth.

Do you or has anyone heard anything about Zaay? I've seen several photos and clips of summer workouts and she's the only returner I haven't seen yet.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Nothing has changed that I'm aware of. Her Instagram still shows her as an Aggie. But, who knows?
cs69ag
AG
RE GB going big....I hope we have one 5 position player who can......

run the floor
catch an entry pass
jump off the ground to get a rebound
have 2-3 offensive moves on offense to get a shot without walking
make a layup
block some shots without fouling
move their feet when playing D

Not sure who we have on staff who can coach a 5 player....it has been a weakness in the past
Bucketrunner
cs69ag said:

RE GB going big....I hope we have one 5 position player who can......

run the floor
catch an entry pass
jump off the ground to get a rebound
have 2-3 offensive moves on offense to get a shot without walking
make a layup
block some shots without fouling
move their feet when playing D

Not sure who we have on staff who can coach a 5 player....it has been a weakness in the past

That's been my wish for a while. Still waiting.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.