***** BTHO Mississippi State on Senior Day!!! ******

5,764 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
aggietoolman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
66-65 MSU. 2:05.

We are too tired. Missing shots...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
4:00 since our last bucket.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Would help if we got a call. Lots of contact and reach in's.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggietoolman
AG
70-67 MSU. 23.5. Knox hurting, barely can move.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Knox is hobbling all over the court after that last foul.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Get it to Williams.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Potcake
AG
Hell of a game. Ags need this, have played their asses off.
aggietoolman
AG
Hard fought, just too tired at the end.
aggietoolman
AG
72-67 MSU. Final
Bucketrunner
They targeted our point guard to injure her. That is bad.

Every time I watch Vic on the sideline, I remember why I don't want to see him on ours ever again
biobioprof
Bucketrunner said:

Every time I watch Vic on the sideline, I remember why I don't want to see him on ours ever again
Really? It was physical, but you must be seeing something I missed.
BQ_90
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Well if that's targeting then we did the same thing to their PG.

I remember when we used to play physical ball like MSU. Now we can barely inbound the ball
sharpdressedman
Solid effort. Lost to a better team. Not deep enough to beat the best.
oklaunion
I would take Knox over any point guard we have had over the last 20 years.
rc_cat
Any update on Knox?
Kbeauty63
AG
She just doesn't quit!! She is awesome!
alamoaggie 64
Would be hard to take her over Sidney and Courtney Walker, but she does give us everything she has. She is wonderful to watch and to root for.
oklaunion
alamoaggie 64 said:

Would be hard to take her over Sidney and Courtney Walker, but she does give us everything she has. She is wonderful to watch and to root for.

I never considered C. Walker as a point guard.
Isaih Smollett
She's not even close to Sydney Colson
BQ92
AG
machine20 said:

She's not even close to Sydney Colson

Totally different players! One thing Knox has over Colson was minutes per game. Colson was too often in foul trouble. Again one thing
BQ92
AG
BQ_90 said:

Bucketrunner said:

I remember when we used to play physical ball like MSU. Now we can barely inbound the ball

Agree MSU's pg was beat up on back to back plays.
rc_cat
BQ92 said:

BQ_90 said:

Bucketrunner said:

Agree MSU's pg was beat up on back to back plays.
After that pick Hillsman set their pg definitely looked like she'd had her bell rung - and she seemed to be moving a little lopsided for a while.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bucketrunner said:

I would take Vic back in a heartbeat. His physical style is what this team has lacked since he left.
BQ92
AG
And immediately after that play Dani gave her the shoulder in transition
mullokmotx
AG
In the game in Starkville they scored 5 points on shots at the end of the first 2 quarters. They did the same thing yesterday at the end of the 2nd and third quarters. I thought the foul on Danni at the end of the half was bogus. Vivians jumped into Danni. Anriel was 1 for 7 and her 10 to 15 foot jumper has been key to our success this year.
We got their bigs in foul trouble in the first half but couldn't pull away, mainly due to the bogus call on Danni. Big concern is Curtyce, whether she is injured. Vivians and McCown hit some tough shots in the last few minutes.
rc_cat
mullokmotx said:

In the game in Starkville they scored 5 points on shots at the end of the first 2 quarters. They did the same thing yesterday at the end of the 2nd and third quarters. I thought the foul on Danni at the end of the half was bogus. Vivians jumped into Danni. Anriel was 1 for 7 and her 10 to 15 foot jumper has been key to our success this year.
We got their bigs in foul trouble in the first half but couldn't pull away, mainly due to the bogus call on Danni. Big concern is Curtyce, whether she is injured. Vivians and McCown hit some tough shots in the last few minutes.
They called the foul on Danni even though she was standing still with arms straight up. Later, in the second half, they didn't call a foul on one of the MissSt players and when our player questioned the ref (don't remember who - but it happened under the basket), the ref indicated it wasn't a foul because the MissSt player had her arms straight up in the air. I've never liked the rule that an offensive player can launch themselves into a standing-still defensive player and get the call.
Wicked Good Ag
Read a lot of the above posts...IMO

1. Vic has his team playing tough relentless defense from endline to endline. Not many steals/our turnovers except for inbounds passes but the wear on Knox could be seen for the end of the third quarter but her second wind came thru. He is hard on his players on the defensive side but look at the results. Harder on the refs and a bit whiny on that note but is all about "protecting his players." He didn't get on the refs for the Hillman's screen but rather his players for not communicating.

2. Danni foul wasn't a foul IMO either BUT we had fouls to give and could have committed a couple at the end of the half before the mysterious three point play. That is what I am more concerned with. If you look at Blair's post game quotes the third quarter ending with a straight layup with once again fouls to give. Those two keys are a lack of communication from coaches to players on what you want in those situations.

3. If we give that effort against SC we may pull off a huge upset. If not I don't think this team is built for an run in the SEC tourney with daily games...too short of a bench. So if we want to potentially host we need a resume win which almost happened yesterday. If not against SC I don't think we hold the 4 line to host
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.