What do you guys do with extra cash on hand, that you don't have a set job for yet?
I'm not talking about an emergency fund, and retirement dollars, 529's etc, are already accounted for. Just liquid cash on hand. No debt aside from two mortgages. We may upgrade homes in a few years or buy another rental property, but nothing concrete on the horizon.
I was thinking about putting it into a brokerage account with the following allocation CASHX 60%, SOXX 20%, JEPI 20%. Max draw down on a 20 year back test is 20% vs a straight SPY at 53%.
I'm not talking about an emergency fund, and retirement dollars, 529's etc, are already accounted for. Just liquid cash on hand. No debt aside from two mortgages. We may upgrade homes in a few years or buy another rental property, but nothing concrete on the horizon.
I was thinking about putting it into a brokerage account with the following allocation CASHX 60%, SOXX 20%, JEPI 20%. Max draw down on a 20 year back test is 20% vs a straight SPY at 53%.