Business & Investing
Sponsored by

What to do with bonus?

5,769 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by ValleyRatAg
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
b0ridi said:

Only time I can see that I've replied to you on B&I was when you claimed the ACA subsidies expired. They didn't expire and are worth a lot of money if you manipulate your MAGI correctly. Sorry for calling out bad information.


I wasn't really talking about myself. Just pointing out your consistent habit of just being an ass on here. I don't really care; it's mostly humorous to me but this isn't F16. Most people on here are generally jovial, friendly, and helpful to one another.

Regarding subsidies, I was referring to the enhanced subsides that were temporarily passed back in 2021 which now expired which were all the rage and drama last year. I guess I assumed that was obvious since that was the focus of that debate. Of course, once they finally did expire after all the gnashing of teeth we've barely heard about them again. We will find out at mid-terms if people still care about those going away.
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities.
Gaeilge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoahAg said:

I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities.

If no one else does, I appreciate this response!
HECUBUS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How much is the patronage on the ranch loan? It didn't make sense to pay off our ranch loan back in the days of itemized deductions due to the generous patronage kick backs. Depends on your tax situation. The patronage did continue for about three years after we paid off the loan. Rural subsidies are great.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


You are missing out on the investment opportunity of a lifetime. Ask yourself this: What color Lambo do you own?

None?

There's your answer.
GrimesCoAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pay down the ranch. Guaranteed 8.65% return, no risk, and has to be paid in after tax dollars. Only thing I did not mentioned is max out the pretax 401k first. You said retirement is good, but I wanted to add that. I would also max any other pre tax accounts like HSA.
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buy a monkey and sell it to Sarks wife - profit
ValleyRatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take the money to pay down the loan and invest it, anything earnings above and beyond the interest rate take and pay additional to your principal. Best of both worlds letting your money compound over time while also reducing principle early.

I honestly just made this up. Someone that does this for a living, poke holes in this, I am here to learn.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.