Business & Investing
Sponsored by

State Farm auto refunds

2,853 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Shelton98
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/state-farm-announces-refund-car-insurance-customers.amp

$5 billion in dividends back to "shareholders". Average of $100 per car. Will vary by state.

Anyone received a check or seen their rates drop significantly?

I keep getting notices that my account is changing and their billing practices are changing, but my next premium renewal isn't due until April, so I have seen an actual $ amount, yet. Part of the changes is they won't be sending out renewal notices/bills until 19 days before the renewal is due.
I Am A Critic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What did your agent say when you asked them?
Username checks out.
coolerguy12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got a check for $21 for 3 cars and my house.
Burnsey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey folks, I've been a State Farm policy holder for 30+ years. I've been through this many times over the years. The dividend announcement was made this week, so it will take several months before the checks are sent. Stay tuned.
atmtws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still doesnt affect their sky rocketing rates in Texas. Switched to Ag Workers (Aggie Owned) last year and have never been happier.
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like my auto policy renewal is about $145 less than it was 6 months ago.

I had forgotten I also got a $76 refund check in December, too.

Good to finally get a little relief.
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought I'd update this. Got a $258 dividend payout from them this week, and my auto renewal dropped to $1468. That makes it just over $2900 for the year, subtracting the dividend. Compared to $3600 last year and over $3800 in 2024. Haven't been <$3000 since 2020. No changes in ticket or accident status in that time, and I still have a driver <25.
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got my refund last week. $335 and alittle drop on renewal.
gvine07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I received an email about this dividend payment, and I was going to report it as spam until I saw this thread. I went through State Farm's website to find info about it, and now I'm getting a ~$102 dividend to my Zelle.

Thanks OP! I was sure it was spam.
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought the email was scammy, too. I get refund checks in the mail from them, so I was surprised they wanted Zelle/Venmo/bank account info. But I logged into my State Farm account and saw that it was legit. Wound up giving them Zelle info, which I guess is decently low risk.
Shelton98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$653. Said it takes up to a month to go through.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.