Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Wiz Rejects 23 Billion dollar offer from Google

2,461 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Howdy Dammit
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone know how to invest in this company now-

other than waiting for it go public and then you are paying a massive markup in share price

WIZ going public valued at 24 billion
aggiebq03+
If you are asking how to invest in a private company valued at billions before it goes public as an investor who doesn't have connections and billions of dollars…

The answer is simple: you don't get to.
nactownag
AG
You own private equity funds
cmoney00
AG
Check out websites like the below. There are companies out there specializing in pre-ipo and secondaries where you can purchase options from current shareholders/ former employees. Hiive and EquityZen are two others that I have heard of.

https://forgeglobal.com/wiz_stock/
harge57
AG
Have you actually used this? I'm interested in a AI startups.
cmoney00
AG
I haven't used it to purchase but I have listed options from a previous employer to sell. No takers this far at the price I'm willing to give them up at.
LMCane
cmoney00 said:

Check out websites like the below. There are companies out there specializing in pre-ipo and secondaries where you can purchase options from current shareholders/ former employees. Hiive and EquityZen are two others that I have heard of.

https://forgeglobal.com/wiz_stock/
Good information thanks.
500,000ags
AG
Hmmm
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Need to be an accredited investor

Financial Criteria
  • Net worth over $1 million, excluding primary residence (individually or with spouse or partner)
  • Income over $200,000 (individually) or $300,000 (with spouse or partner) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expects the same for the current year
Professional Criteria
  • Investment professionals in good standing holding the general securities representative license (Series 7), the investment adviser representative license (Series 65), or the private securities offerings representative license (Series 82)
  • Directors, executive officers, or general partners (GP) of the company selling the securities (or of a GP of that company)
  • Any "family client" of a "family office" that qualifies as an accredited investor
  • For investments in a private fund, "knowledgeable employees" of the fund

https://www.sec.gov/resources-small-businesses/capital-raising-building-blocks/accredited-investor
Bag
AG
Teddy would say that it is far past time to break up the robber barons of Silicon Valley
LMCane
P.H. Dexippus said:

Need to be an accredited investor

Financial Criteria
  • Net worth over $1 million, excluding primary residence (individually or with spouse or partner)
  • Income over $200,000 (individually) or $300,000 (with spouse or partner) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expects the same for the current year
Professional Criteria
  • Investment professionals in good standing holding the general securities representative license (Series 7), the investment adviser representative license (Series 65), or the private securities offerings representative license (Series 82)
  • Directors, executive officers, or general partners (GP) of the company selling the securities (or of a GP of that company)
  • Any "family client" of a "family office" that qualifies as an accredited investor
  • For investments in a private fund, "knowledgeable employees" of the fund

https://www.sec.gov/resources-small-businesses/capital-raising-building-blocks/accredited-investor

thanks I am now an accredited investor since the beginning of 2024.

which is why I asked the question- how to find places to invest in private companies that I want to invest in.
500,000ags
AG
EquityZen Funds are probably the easiest way if you don't have relationships that work on selling or buying private placements.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Do you need to hit both NW and income or just one or the other?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.