Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Certified Financial Planning Career

1,428 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by neutics
DFWag17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking into changing career paths and have interest in getting my license to be a Certified Financial Planner. Was wondering if anyone on this board has a career as a CFP and has any advice.
Harkrider 93
AG
What type of job do you plan on using the CFP?

I can give you advice on being a financial advisor. PM me ad we can set up a time to talk.

I think there is a CFP on here that charges a flat fee for advice/plan only.
neutics
AG
See the other thread about the CFP credential being overrated for some different opinions.

Personally, I chose to complete the CFP curriculum to bolster some of the areas I felt weaker in (tax, estate etc) but also to gain a degree of credibility and perhaps confidence as a newer/younger advisor. There are some very valid arguments in that other forum from those who have succeeded without it.

Bottom line, if a firm is hiring (and mine is) we are 100% going to choose the person with the CFP or who is at least pursuing it as that is an indicator that they take this profession seriously. Even if you are not sure you want to be a financial advisor, try taking the Intro class at a local CFP program which provides an excellent overview of what we do and the different ways that advisors operate.

Just my opinion, happy to talk offline.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.