Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Excess Light Fixtures in Need of a Home

2,159 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DallasAg 94
Good Bull Jones 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm on a construction project in San Antonio and after light fixtures were ordered, the owner decided they wanted a different kind of fixture.

Well now the electrical contractor has almost 400 light fixtures that cannot be returned to the manufacturer because they were a special order. They are 2'x4', 120/277 V, LED, and built for install in a Sheetrock ceiling and a clean room.

The electrical contractor is looking for a better use of these expensive fixtures than throwing them away. We've been looking for buyers (or even takers), but have a hard time finding someone who could put them to use. Does anyone have any thoughts or know of any applications, people, or businesses that could use these?

Thanks in advance.
cjo03
AG
If I lived closer, I would come take 75 of them off your hand and cover every square inch of the ceiling in a 3 car garage.
Holyfield
AG
I bet your local Habitat for Humanity would be thrilled to have them.
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
I think that was considered but the thinking was that they wouldn't be wanted in a residential setting. Also since the owner owns them, they want at least some offer to be made (but all offers will be considered).
Premium
AG
Good Bull Jones 17 said:

I think that was considered but the thinking was that they wouldn't be wanted in a residential setting. Also since the owner owns them, they want at least some offer to be made (but all offers will be considered).

Donate to charity = write off

But yeah, residential - maybe find a creative way to donate
dallasiteinsa02
They aren't willing to take them back with a massive restocking fee?
one MEEN Ag
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Sounds like they were bought and are custom made. Taking them back would mean they have to return the sale proceeds as well. Fully paid for > restocking fee + taxes on inventory that won't move anytime soon
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

Sounds like they were bought and are custom made. Taking them back would mean they have to return the sale proceeds as well. Fully paid for > restocking fee + taxes on inventory that won't move anytime soon

This is correct. The fixtures take up a lot amount of room as well for inventory that would take a long time to sell.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Good Bull Jones 17 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

This is correct. The fixtures take up a lot amount of room as well for inventory that would take a long time to sell.
So when you say clean room in your original description. Are you referring to them being sealed and meeting the standards of a clean room (like semiconductor manufacturing plant), or that these are just sealed and will resist dust from something like a woodworking shop?

And how much are you asking for take these off your hands? Sounds like these would be great to put like 20 in a garage.

Got a picture you can send in a PM? Know a guy who could benefit from these, but could only pay/receive them if they are deeply discounted. Guy is a pastor and a former shop teacher, if he doesn't have a use for them, he'd know someone who might.
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Good Bull Jones 17 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

So when you say clean room in your original description. Are you referring to them being sealed and meeting the standards of a clean room (like semiconductor manufacturing plant), or that these are just sealed and will resist dust from something like a woodworking shop?

And how much are you asking for take these off your hands? Sounds like these would be great to put like 20 in a garage.

Got a picture you can send in a PM? Know a guy who could benefit from these, but could only pay/receive them if they are deeply discounted. Guy is a pastor and a former shop teacher, if he doesn't have a use for them, he'd know someone who might.
Can't PM I'm not a premium subscriber. My number is 540 two four seven 0773 if you want to get in touch.

https://newstarlighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/StarSurgical-_F22-F24-LED-2016.pdf

There's a link to the product data. They are the 2'x4' style. For cost, I've been told all offers will be considered. They cost about $475 each, but I don't think they're expecting anywhere near that figure. I can find out which options were taken if your friend is serious about getting some. If he's not in the San Antonio area, he'll have to pay for the shipping to get them to his place, but the lights would be real cheap.

Premium
AG
A custom order of $200K, and changed their mind. Dang!
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
Yeah it blows my mind. Funny how anytime we turn in a price, their pockets get real tight, but when it comes to this they just throw all that money away.
AgShaun00
AG
Premium said:

happens all the time.
lawless89
Premium said:

I'd just like to see the house. Geez.
ABATTBQ11
AG
lawless89 said:

Premium said:

Probably not a house...

Honestly it sounds more like a high end manufacturing facility or a data center.
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

lawless89 said:

Premium said:

Probably not a house...

Honestly it sounds more like a high end manufacturing facility or a data center.
It's not your regular office building, but it's also not a facility that needs clean room/healthcare rated light fixtures. Not a data center or manufacturing.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Medical office? That's all I can think of. You may want to post on home improvement. Some guys there might be interested.

ETA looked at the spec sheet. Medical office makes way more sense.
DallasAg 94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.