Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Check for IRS

5,898 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by flown-the-coop
ItsA&InotA&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mailed my check on 4/15 and it hit the bank on 4/30.

People need to be careful where the extension is mailed. It goes to one city if no money is included but mails to another city if a payment is included.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Yup! Filed my extension on 4/15. My check cleared a couple days ago and my return receipt showed up on 4/30 (Tuesday). I was starting to wonder about it.
Vernada
AG
rao11010 said:

I sent in my payment on 4/2 and it has not been taken out of my account yet. Is this something to be concerned about or could they be behind this year? If I remember correctly, last year it was taken out 2-3 days after it was mailed. I'm trying to avoid any late fees if it could have gotten lost in the mail.

thanks

keep in mind, $100M is the max check size the IRS will accept. If you owe more than that and plan to pay by check, you have to send multiple checks.

Could that be your problem?
The Collective
AG
Vernada said:

rao11010 said:

I sent in my payment on 4/2 and it has not been taken out of my account yet. Is this something to be concerned about or could they be behind this year? If I remember correctly, last year it was taken out 2-3 days after it was mailed. I'm trying to avoid any late fees if it could have gotten lost in the mail.

thanks

keep in mind, $100M is the max check size the IRS will accept. If you owe more than that and plan to pay by check, you have to send multiple checks.

Could that be your problem?

If that is his problem, I have several propositions that I'd like to discuss with him.
flown-the-coop
AG
I did have them misapply a $100k check meant for 2017 (and denoted on check, with SSN and mailed with a voucher indicating the same). Took six months and a whole bunch of the big mean IRS certified mail letters they send you when they mad. This was up to the point of them threatening assets, garnishing pay, intervening in government contracts, etc. Latest comm was great as on the same day I got a letter saying thanks for my payment and all was in order (in fact account for 2017 was now overpaid - would I like that applied to 2018?) and the other was the "this is your last chance buddy".

I would not be surprised that even if they noted it in the system that you called, penalties and interest will be assessed from time they receive check and the postmark date on the replacement check. And without evidence you mailed on 04/02, they do NOT have to waive those penalties and interest.

IRS don't play games.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.