Business & Investing
Sponsored by

MDR down 25%

8,811 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Vernada
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LostInLA07 said:

There was a cash retention bonus in traunch 1 of the bridge loan. There is also new equity for management in the pre-pack reorg.
well of course there is - that is only fair, right, since their current equity isn't worth anything now?
Ciboag96
Quote:

"The restructuring transaction, which has the full support from all of our funded creditors, including our unsecured bond holders, is further recognition of McDermott's fundamentally solid operating business and proven strategy."

- David Dickson, President and CEO of McDermott International

Ok, who wants to tell him...
TriumphForks
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Quote:

"The restructuring transaction, which has the full support from all of our funded creditors, including our unsecured bond holders, is further recognition of McDermott's fundamentally solid operating business and proven strategy."

- David Dickson, President and CEO of McDermott International

Ok, who wants to tell him...
That is some grade A turd polishing.
LostInLA07
AG
They are profitable if you exclude all the projects they lose money on.
Vernada
AG
LostInLA07 said:

They are profitable if you exclude all the projects they lose money on.
and how about that bid backlog!?
LostInLA07
AG
MDR has filed for an additional executive bonus program, highlighted by their CEO receiving an additional $3-13MM this year. Does anyone have a company I can take over and lead into bankruptcy?
Ciboag96
LostInLA07 said:

MDR has filed for an additional executive bonus program, highlighted by their CEO receiving an additional $3-13MM this year. Does anyone have a company I can take over and lead into bankruptcy?

https://www.constructiondive.com/news/mcdermott-requests-105m-of-executive-staff-bonuses/572305/

Quote:

Under the plan, which was filed Monday with Judge David R. Jones, CEO and president David Dickson would receive a bonus worth up to $12.6 million this year, part of $26.8 million in incentives for 13 management team executives who have a central role in the Houston-based engineering company's Chapter 11 restructuring. The management team members are in line for maximum potential bonuses ranging from $2.6 million to $322,000.

"Given the debtors' complex and global operations, the debtors depend on the performance of their management team and highly skilled workforce to drive their financial performance," it reads. "Due to the employees' specialized skills and project-specific knowledge, it would be difficult for the debtors to replace their employees without incurring substantial costs and disrupting operations."

Without the efforts of key stakeholders, the company would not have been able to facilitate a prepackaged bankruptcy and gain creditors' confidence, the lawsuit states.

"Maintaining a properly incentivized management team and skilled workforce is critical to maintaining a high level of business performance, which in turn minimizes disruption to customers, vendors, and employees," it reads.

****ing shameless. Pay me 8 figures or we all go bye-bye and you don't get any money. Holy ***** Ruthless.
Vernada
AG
Vernada said:

Wonder how big of a bonus he'll take home?

My Jan 21 post.

I've been in a similar business that was in a similar position and saw the exact same kind of shameless exec actions.

And you wonder why the average joe is jaded.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.