Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Robinhood

1,879 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HouAggie
sundaytiger13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used this app for investing?
hangman
Yea I use it but haven't traded much on it to get the benefit of free trades.
Yes. Its awesome.
Ranger222
AG
Its good, I've been using it for about a month or so. However I'm considering upgrading to their Gold version. The only annoying thing about the app is that if you want to make pre- or post-market trades they won't go through until the market opens the next day and when you sell a stock you are not able to reinvest or withdraw the money for 3 business days.

If you just want to buy and hold, I'd 100% recommend. If you want to be a little more active with it, then I would consider getting the Gold version or look elsewhere.
howdydamnit04
AG
Does gold allow you to see the bid/ask? That's a big turn off for me about the regular version.
aggiehunter3
AG
I don't believe you can see bid/ask but gold allows you to trade with up to $2,000 in margin. It also gives you access to start trading at 8 up to 2hrs after market close.
badharambe
AG
RH gold doesnt show you second level information

HOWEVER:

you can sign up for a TDAmeritrade/TOS account, download their free app and get second level information on there, I am fairly certain you do not even have to make a deposit.
HouAggie
AG
Ranger222 said:

Its good, I've been using it for about a month or so. However I'm considering upgrading to their Gold version. The only annoying thing about the app is that if you want to make pre- or post-market trades they won't go through until the market opens the next day and when you sell a stock you are not able to reinvest or withdraw the money for 3 business days.

If you just want to buy and hold, I'd 100% recommend. If you want to be a little more active with it, then I would consider getting the Gold version or look elsewhere.

I am able to reinvest funds from sales of stock immediately. And that's using the regular RH, not the Gold.
Ranger222
AG
You must be using Robinhood Instant
HouAggie
AG
In hindsight, I think you're right.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.