Need Dubai advice

4,219 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by XPATAG
gfunkag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably moving to Dubai this summer. Have 3 kids under 5 and am looking for advice on where to live. Schools etc

Best neighborhoods other than palm? Best schools? How to find a nanny/maid? Best Golf course memberships? Buy or lease a car? Thanks in advance
SwissAgg
AG
gfunkag said:

Probably moving to Dubai this summer. Have 3 kids under 5 and am looking for advice on where to live. Schools etc

Best neighborhoods other than palm? Best schools? How to find a nanny/maid? Best Golf course memberships? Buy or lease a car? Thanks in advance
Two of my friends had kids in school here: https://www.asdubai.org/

I spent a lot of time there when I was in Saudi Arabia. My friends
from A&M living in Dubai spoke positively of the school.
coastalaggie
AG
  • Our kids were 1 and 3 years old when we lived there so I can't much advice there. When we lived in Nigeria they went to the American International School of Lagos. I am sure there is an American International School there that may have a pre-school.
  • We live Al Badia Hillside which is next to Festival City, but the further away you live from the oceanfront the less expensive it gets.
  • Lease a car, don't buy, this is much easier to offload when it comes time to depart.
  • The Dubai Creek Golf club was right across the street where we lived.
We really enjoyed our time there... keep us posted if you decide to ex-pat there.
Fair Winds and Following Seas
XPATAG
AG
Lived in Qatar for the last few years with kids and the US expats that transfer in and out of Doha to Dubai typically have there kids go to ASDubai. Great school. As far as living I am not sure where would be the best place but being somewhat close to the kids school is nice as you end up spending a lot of time there for activities.

Congrats on the expat post and enjoy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.