London Vacation - London Pass, Oystercard, Travelcard

1,752 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RAT90
Cowboy1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Family is planning a London Vacation this summer. What is the best option for greying around in the city and seeing the sights?

RAT90
AG
The wife and I just landed at LHR. I got visitor Oyster cards mailed to us. There are discounts to various places associated with the cards. Will let you know our experience when we leave.
SwissAgg
AG
London has the National Museum which is free.

Be sure to visit!
Cowboy1990
Hope you have a great trip!
RAT90
AG
Our initial Oyster cards were for 30 and we had to refill with 10 on our last full day. So we used 40ish over 5 days. You are capped a certain amount no matter how much you ride in a day. Every person needs their own card.

The other option is to use a contactless credit card. Make sure the card provides free exchange rates. Again, every person needs their own card.

Apple Pay is available at many, many places. I used it for a pay toilet once. Wow.

If you pay at a restaurant with a card, they will run it at the table on a wireless device. If the serivice charge (tip) is not listed on the check, then tip 10%.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.