Any Ags in Wichita, KS?

3,271 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TexAgs04
o&gAg2122
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am moving up from Texas to Wichita, KS in the next month for work. Want to meet some fellow Ags who are in the area. I understand there is a Mid-Kansas A&M club in Wichita. I can't seem to find the club's website through the Association of Former Students website. If anyone has any information on the club or any of their upcoming events, that would be very beneficial. Thanks and Gig 'Em!
RebAg13
AG
How do you like it?
We are the Aggies, The Aggies are We
o&gAg2122
AG
I really like the town. Definitely not the rural Kansas stereotypical town. Pretty young town with Wichita State here also. Lots to do, from hunting/fishing and over 7 golf courses within 30 minutes from me. Also cost of living is very affordable and I never sit in a rush hour traffic like Houston which I used to do. Will update once the winter is over lol, that is one thing I need to prepare for.
RebAg13
AG
Might be moving there next summer. Join a country club or just play a bunch of courses?
We are the Aggies, The Aggies are We
o&gAg2122
AG
The city has a program where it's $60/ month to play all the public courses and you just pay a cart fee. Public courses are in pretty good shape. Country clubs are pretty well priced compared to somewhere like Houston. Initiation fees range from 1-5k, I've played Terradyne and Tallgrass. Terradyne had a great social atmosphere, links golf style and very family friendly. Some are having waiting lists rn due to the uptick in play but only like 1-4 months. Crestview is another club that I've heard is great for social and golf. They have 36 holes and the Korn ferry tour plays a tournament out there every year. I'm waiting till after winter to join somewhere due the off-season approaching. Would definitely advise to look around for a country club I think it's worth it for the price and socially to meet people.
wts2014
AG
Curious if you're able to gauge "family friendly" at all? Wife and I thinking longer term about that area.

Catholic Schools in that are some of the best regarded in the country, plus very affordable for bigger families.

Definitely would be a family oriented move if we ever did it so I'm curious
TexAgs1998
AG
I just moved from Texas to Wichita. Did you find any info?
yaterag
AG
I lived there for several years and enjoyed it. We still go back to see friends there every couple of months. We moved to the KC area for a job or we might still live down there. There are great schools, the people are overall great, there is cheap golf, and the zoo is outstanding. The only thing that isn't great is the scenery. It reminds me too much of the flat nothingness of west Texas where I grew up
RebAg13
AG
If we live there, it feels like the east side has more of the new grocery stores. Any thoughts?
TexAgs1998
AG
Yup. The east side looks to be the nicer area. Andover area is sought after.
o&gAg2122
AG
I talked with some fellow local Ags who I work with here. They said the club has unfortunately been dormant since COVID. They planned on starting up some events in the new year I have been told. Will report back if I hear anything more.
TexAgs1998
AG
Please keep us posted.
NColoradoAG
Anybody have a good realtor out there? Wife and I have medium term plans to move there to be closer to her twin sister and our nephews. We were thinking about looking at a few places when we're out there in March.

She really wants to be there with her sister and our nephews and I really want to get away from the front range. Wichita is also right there within driving range to College Station and my parents.

I agree on the golf. Seems like a solid town for both public and private courses. There is a house for sale about 5 places down off the first tee at Auburn Hills that I'd buy in a second. That is my favorite of the public courses I've played. Haven't played any of the private courses but obviously Flint Hills National would awesome. Same with Prairie Dunes. Long way to go on that though!

Wife is more interested in a place in one of the small lake communities and having a boat.
Pahdz
Let me do some checking, my wife is from there and her parents are very entrenched in the community (father in law ran a large architecture firm in town) so they may know some folks.
TexAgs04
AG
I am a real estate broker in Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas, and soon to be one in Colorado. I make the trip up a few times per month for business and can show you the ones you'd like to see, if you let me know when you'll be there. Don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Thaddius Watson '04, Broker/Owner/Realtor
WE SELL TEXAS
WE SELL KANSAS
WE SELL OKLAHOMA
Thaddius@WeSellTexas.RealEstate
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.