Any thoughts on living in Cleveland

1,864 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 90 bull
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter will be going to grad school at Case Western. Any thoughts on where to live, etc?
NoHo Hank
AG
Case Western is about five miles from downtown on the east side of the city. Im not as familiar with that area but I think a lot of the students are near campus in university heights. If she is looking to live downtown ish have her check out Tremont and Ohio city. Lot of young professionals in that area. Cleveland is a surprisingly not bad city to live in, you just have to go in with the right attitude.
LayeredTrout
AG
I have lived in Tremont for 4 years and really like the area. Yeah the winters are cold and long in NE Ohio, but the summer and fall are amazing coming from TX.

Tremont and Ohio City are both good options on the west side. Would also add in Detroit Shoreway or Lakewood, but those are further west. There are pockets of nice areas on the east side, but it is very hit or miss so would just be careful - Cleveland Heights has some nicer areas as does Shaker Heights. Around campus tends to be fine as well. One thing to consider is the east side usually gets more snow than the west just due to lake effect.

Cleveland has a small town feel to me (coming from Houston), but it has all the amenities of a large city - 3 pro sports teams, world class orchestra, museums, etc. Pretty happy here and don't really have plans to leave.

90 bull
AG
So she has settled into Cleveland Heights and likes the area. We came up to visit and got an Airbnb in Tremont, and I can see why you like this area. It really has a great feel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.