Durango, CO

5,783 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MarleyFeed97
LRHF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any Ags here, considering a move.
LRHF
AG
Moving van arrives on Wednesday. We haven't found a house yet and will be living in a small travel trailer for the summer!

On a positive note, found a sweet Juliana MTB for my wife!
aviationag
AG
Howdy, LRHF -

Just got back from two different trips to Durango- one at Memorial Day, another two weeks later. Happy that you are getting to make the move. I'm looking to spend part time there, but real estate prices are nuts right now. Are you staying at Alpen Rose or another place?

Once you get settled, love to know where and any specifics of your choice. Absolutely love the area since I spent a lot of my childhood vacations in that area.

Congratulations!
LRHF
AG
aviationag said:

Howdy, LRHF -

Just got back from two different trips to Durango- one at Memorial Day, another two weeks later. Happy that you are getting to make the move. I'm looking to spend part time there, but real estate prices are nuts right now. Are you staying at Alpen Rose or another place?

Once you get settled, love to know where and any specifics of your choice. Absolutely love the area since I spent a lot of my childhood vacations in that area.

Congratulations!

Hey there aviationag-

We finally moved into a place in Timberline Estates (east side, just outside city limits to the north before you head up Florida road towards Edgemont Highlands).

Yes, the housing market has been terrible. We were lucky and only lost 2 other homes before winning this bid (actually, the 2nd place we tried to buy we ended up having the highest bid...)

I lived In a 26 camper trailer for 3 months on a friends property up Lightner Creek before we finally settled.
LRHF
AG
There is a young guy trying to get the 4 corners A&M club active again. DM me for a link to sign a petition!
Philip J Fry
AG
Just bought a house in Forest Lakes north of Bayfield. Would love to meet other ags in this area.
LRHF
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Just bought a house in Forest Lakes north of Bayfield. Would love to meet other ags in this area.

Hey Philip- we live in Durango just North of town off of Florida Rd. Give me a call or text at (720) 425-6138. We do a bit of skiing, hunting and some fishing. We may not have a bowl game but still fun to watch college football !

BTW- we own and operate the UPS Store in Durango. Unless you go to Pagosa or Farmington, your Amazon returns will go through us. I'm not there as much lately but wife is, stop and say hi on your next time you are in town (Melissa she is class of 97)
Philip J Fry
AG
Will do. Hopefully we'll be in town in a few weeks.
MarleyFeed97
AG
LRHF & Phillip-

Wife and I have been getting more serious about leaving the DFW area and Durango is a possibility. Doing some basic internet research and came across this thread so wanted to get more personal feedback if y'all are willing to share more about your experience so far?

I don't have specific questions at this point more open ended questions like:
what do you dis/like, is it what you expected, what was your goal moving there, how tight is housing market, what do you wish someone told you before moving there, etc? TIA
-MarleyFeed97
LRHF
AG
MarleyFeed97 said:

LRHF & Phillip-

Wife and I have been getting more serious about leaving the DFW area and Durango is a possibility. Doing some basic internet research and came across this thread so wanted to get more personal feedback if y'all are willing to share more about your experience so far?

I don't have specific questions at this point more open ended questions like:
what do you dis/like, is it what you expected, what was your goal moving there, how tight is housing market, what do you wish someone told you before moving there, etc? TIA

Hey Marley-

Saw your note on the OB fishing thread. I'm out of town until Sunday. Feel free to write down my number: seven two o, 4 two 5 six 1 three 8.
MarleyFeed97
AG
Got it if you want to remove from post - tks! Look forward to speaking when convenient for you.
-MarleyFeed97
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.