Possible Relocation to Jacksonville, Florida

1,771 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
oneeyedag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have opportunity to possibly relocate from Virginia to Jacksonville, Fl.

Anybody have the good, bad or the ugly?
PlanoAg98
AG
Took a few visits while my sister lived there. I was excited to visit a Florida coastal town. I was severely disappointed. I hope you're not expecting a nice city and beaches.
oneeyedag
Kinda was, we're gonna take a three or four day'er to check it out. Position is at the Naval Air Station so will see what's it all about.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Kinda was, we're gonna take a three or four day'er to check it out. Position is at the Naval Air Station so will see what's it all about.
That's what moved by sister there. Here husbands in the Navy.
gjim23
AG
My wife just got a job offer there. Is there any recommendations on the best areas to live?
aTm2004
AG
I used to travel out there a lot for work, and would often stay the weekend with my buddy who stayed out there after he got out of the Navy (commuted to Gainesville to go to UF for some dumb reason). He lived over by UNF (our office was a few miles away) and it seemed like a pretty nice area with most of your typical suburban type stuff you'd expect. He loved JAX and moved back after he decided to depart ways with the company he worked for that had him to move to the Carolinas. He's now in Tampa because he decided to start medial school at the ripe old age of 37, and he's said he's going to try to get back for residency.

We'd often head over to JAX beach and spend time there, and it was a lot of fun, but not somewhere I'd go if I had kids. If I was single or an empty nester, sure.
OasisMan
AG
gjim23 said:

My wife just got a job offer there. Is there any recommendations on the best areas to live?
depends what you're looking for

Me/wife/12yo/10yo like Jax well enough
Ag_SGT
AG
I lived in Gainesville up until last year but was in Jacksonville pretty often. I personally wouldn't want to live there, as a city it is just meh. It's like having all the crap associated with living in the city but none of amenities of living in a city. It is a very boring city with no personality. On the bright side Fernandina Beach is nice, and to the south Flagler is pretty nice. Plus, the city always overreacts at the slightest hint of a hurricane.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I'm originally from Jax Beach. Dad was stationed at Mayport for quite some time.

Gulf coast is waaaay better unless you're down on the southeast side
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.