Minneapolis Parks Appreciation

2,119 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag12
2PacShakur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Confess that I have a new appreciation for Minneapolis park system (and Minnesota DNR as a whole.) Now that we are increasingly keeping our social distance for C-19, I have a strong appreciation for a park system to walk around, spend time outside in nature, and not feel crowded or can find some space. Hope everyone stays safe and able to rediscover their communities.
Pahdz
Love our parks and trails system up here!
2PacShakur
AG
The city closed the street in front of our house along Cedar Lake to allow more space for pedestrians and I confess I enjoy spending evening happy hours on the patio without vehicles driving by. Parks are definitely and under appreciated resource especially since a lot of cities paved over them for highways.
UTExan
Just curious-how are you folks coping with the current violent crime upswing in Minneapolis.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Pahdz
I don't live in Minneapolis proper but I've noticed no change not heard anyone express any concerns.
2PacShakur
AG
UTExan said:

Just curious-how are you folks coping with the current violent crime upswing in Minneapolis.
We live within the city limits and have coped just fine. I would say people may be "concerned" in a greater community-building sense, but not in a packing up the Uhaul sense.
Sooner Born
Pahdz said:

I don't live in Minneapolis proper but I've noticed no change not heard anyone express any concerns.

The same. I'm out in a suburb but I have family who does live in Minneapolis proper, some less than a mile from where George Floyd was killed, and it's business as usual.
Ag12
AG
I'm in a suburb bordering Minneapolis proper. We've been fine and currently it's business as usual. That said, there's definitely been some concern and a number of precautions were put in place in the days following George Floyd's death when things were particularly volatile.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.