DAUGHTER IN CALI

2,675 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by maroon15
tamc1956ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
My daughter recently graduated with a Liberal Arts Degree. Resides in the Malibu area. Needs a better paying job. Can anyone in the Ag network help? She's a hard worker.
Matsui
AG
That's the Cali dilemma. Loves the weather and area but can't afford it long term. Good luck to her.
beachfront71
AG

can you narrow this down to something rather than nothing?
WoMD
Can she go back to school and get a degree that's not useless? Grad school maybe?

Not trying to be sarcastic or an ass, but as an employer it's a tough sell unless in a field where specific degree doesn't matter.

I know that waitstaff can make good money out here since min wage has made total bills higher, and thus calculated tips are actually substantial (and suggested tips now start at 18% for some unknown reason). A lot of waitstaff at nice restaurants here in SF can make more than I made out of school with 8 years of stem education with doctor next to my name.
maroon15
AG
Post on the SoCal Aggies Facebook group to network.

Obviously there are lots of media and creative jobs. Service industry and hospitality can bring in good money. Servers make minimum wage if I remember correctly which is $14.25 plus gratuities which can be quite substantial.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.