Music for Homesick Texans...

5,195 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by O.G.
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because sometimes nothing else works...

Guy Clark- Dublin Blues
mrsbeer05
AG
I also tend to lean toward London Homesick Blues
DeadCiv
AG
This usually helps me: KHYI live stream. Especially the weather and traffic reports.
aTm2004
AG
Get the Radio.com app and favorite 100.3 HD-3. It's KIKK and the newest Texas Country/Red Dirt music played out of Houston.

On the TuneIn app, Radio Free Texas is on there. Plays some of the old stuff from Pat, Cory, Roger, Boland, etc as well as smaller bands who are up and coming or haven't built the following somebody like Cody Johnson or Turnpike has...though they do play them as well on occasion.

If you have Spotify, let me know and I can share a playlist I keep adding songs to that's 98% Texas/Red Dirt (currently about 230 songs). You can also search for the Dixie Chicken's playlist and follow that. There's also the Texas Country Top 50 Playlist that's updated by Spotify.
Rusty GCS
AG
I have Spotify. I just favorite lots of songs. How do I get your texas music playlist? Or the chickens
aTm2004
AG
PM me your email address and I'll send you the link.
DeadCiv
AG
aTm2004 said:

PM me your email address and I'll send you the link.
hit me too please
aTm2004
AG
Check your PM.
DeadCiv
AG
aTm2004 said:

Check your PM.
Received. Thanks, pard.
Rusty GCS
AG
Very solid play list you've made
aTm2004
AG
Thanks. A 1-1:15 commute each way leaves time for a lot of podcasts, Radiofreetexas.org, KIKK, and Spoitfy.
Rusty GCS
AG
I have 40 minutes in the morning and 55 minutes home. Lucky it's not longer with the current Lake Charles traffic. I leave work just before it gets bad.

Good music and trying to set MPG records keeps me calm and not road raging the bad drivers.
Kjodie
Play mile-o-fest 2020 playlist on Spotify. All your red dirt bands from key west.
I.Y.A.C.Y.A.S. '91
Jock 07
AG
Crazy to see KIKK is back, that was my go to in high school when they switched to the Texas music format for the last few years before they shut down. Do they still play the traditional Texas music like REK, Lyle Lovett, Jerry Jeff, Todd Snider, Gary P Nunn, Rodney Crowell, etc or is it just the newer folks that are coming out?
AgsinGA
AG
The Dixie Chicken has a play list on Spotify. Will take you right back....make sure you have a beer nearby.
Lyon
AggieVictor10
AG
I didn't listen to a lot of country after graduating, until I moved out of state. Listened to a ton as a kid because of my folks.

Still not my main jam but I like it more now because it reminds me of home. Thanks for calling some of those Spotify playlists out.
O.G.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.