Florida Panhandle Beaches

2,124 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Kool
A New Hope
How long do you want to ignore this user?
considering going to the Florida panhandle this summer. Wanting to know if there's much difference beach wise between Destin, seaside, Seagrove beach, rosemary beach and Panama City.

Thanks in advance.
CrottyKid
AG
Not really.
I always went to Ft. Walton bc it was Destin but cheaper.
Wooahhhh
AG
Check out St. George Island near Appalachacola. Big barrier island in the Gulf, supposed to be very nice per my adult children who have vacationed there.
(removed:10EA24-2)
Wooahhhh ...tell your adult kids about the Forgotten Coast Suspense Series by Dawn McKenna.

They're going to love it.

Kool
AG
In terms of beach quality only, there aren't tremendous differences, other than that buildings are built closer to the beach in Destin. This, in my mind, is a big negative. Destin and Panama City have looser building codes, so you will have much larger hotels in those places, which also brings larger crowds. In my opinion, Watersound has the best beaches along 30A.
In my opinion, Watersound did it best. They built all of the buildings fairly far from the beaches, preserving the large natural dunes in the area, and built boardwalks to access the beach. You don't have to pay the high prices there to access the beaches if you do not want. Look for a property in Seagrove ( not Old Seagrove, which is next to Seaside), and just walk over.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.