Relocating from Dallas to New Jersey

1,509 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JohnnyTexAg1995
RabbleRouser07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah yeah I'm already anxious about being around all them Yankees. But relocating the family for work. Any tips or Aggie groups (besides the NYC club). I will be near Morristown NJ. I work with a couple of Ags but I'd be interested to see how big the contingent might be.

Also appreciate any tips for someone who never lived north of Dallas. The house we are moving into doesn't even have AC and my mind is already blown. Any tips for winter (I think we miss most of it as we get up there the last week of March)?
“I never desired to please the rabble. What pleased them, I did not learn; and what I knew was far removed from their understanding.” ~Epicurus
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Any tips for winter (I think we miss most of it as we get up there the last week of March)?

It's going to suck!
A&M Chopper
AG
About to make a similar move to that area. Hope you get some replies.

Flying up on Thursday with the wife to scout some areas.
Random Ag
AG
Winter will be alive and well in March!
beatlesphan
AG
I live in an apartment in Boston so not quite the same...

I'm surprised that you don't have AC in your house. Even in Boston that is becoming more rare. Buy some good window units and depending on the size/layout of your house, you may need 1-2 more than you initially suspect. Life without central AC is not fun.

The most annoying part of winter is how long it lasts. NJ will be earlier, but it does not consistently warm up in Boston until June. So while your friends back home are grilling fajitas on Cinco de Mayo you're dealing with rain and 40 degrees. Fall is pretty amazing but I'd still rather have the Texas climate all things considered.

I don't drive here so can't contribute much in terms of snow issues with car/house. In my experience it's all about your gear. Good snow boots and a down windproof jacket are musts!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I live in Bergen County in Ridgewood NJ in the NYC area and winter is for sure alive and well!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.