Boston Aggies

6,896 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by kcag90
Hooti Hound Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there anyone in this city? I would assume so - but doesn't seem to have a very active A&M Club. I just moved to Southie last week and would love to meet up with some Aggies to watch sports! (especially tonight's baseball game)
beatlesphan
AG
Hey man I'm here! Just moved in this past weekend. My wife (also an aggie) and I live in South End, so not too far from Southie. Would definitely love to get together for some Aggie football in the fall!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hooti Hound Ag
AG
Nice dude! I would love to meet you and the wife for beers or something one night if you are interested! I have no friends yet really...ha
The_BK_RedLine
AG
I'm here as well! I live in East Boston on the water. My fiance is an Aggie, and we have a couple more that live in the same building. I've been in town for the past couple of years for grad school and am now starting a full time job here.

Love to grab a beer as well!
SquirrellyDan
AG
I'll be up there on Independence Day to watch the Astros/Red Sox game. If you locals have any advice on good restaurants or other things I should get in to I'd love to hear it. We're there from Thursday-Sunday and the only plans so far are to go to the game and to the Sam Adams Brewery.
DeadCiv
AG
I'm an old f@rt living in Newburyport and working in Charlestown.

I'll keep an eye on this thread come Fall.

AggieMD18
bump- anyone going to Jillian's in Fenway for the game tomorrow night?
DonoAg
AG
quote:
bump- anyone going to Jillian's in Fenway for the game tomorrow night?
I'm down in Rhode Island, but was thinking about driving up to Boston to meet up with some Ags for the game. Is that where the Boston A&M club watches the games? Ie: Will it have sound?
beatlesphan
AG
It is indeed where the New England A&M club meets for games. I just moved up here so I'm not sure if it has sounds or not.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KatyAg88
Hey Boston Ags,
I am looking to go to a Red Sox game sometime this summer. There are plenty of tickets available at this time. Man, way more $$ than Astros home games. I was wondering if tickets are difficult to come by closer to the date. Probably will go to a week night game. Thanks in advance for your advice.
aggolfer
AG
I am going to be in Boston (Bedford area) this week for work. Anyone in the area and want to meet up to watch the game Thursday night?
bearamedic99
AG
What happened to the New England A&M club? 2-3 years ago, it was quite active. Will there be a Muster? It was easier to go to games when I was in Nashua but now I'm west of Concord, NH and it isn't easy to make it to game viewings.
davis_land
AG
I'll be in Boston this summer for an internship with WBUR. Anyone know a cheap place to sublease?
Hooti Hound Ag
AG
I have a cheap couch...jk - but I can keep an eye open for you in Southie.
davis_land
AG
That would be great!!
jreg90
AG
My son is a senior at A&M and will be in Woonsocket Rhode Island for a summer internship. He is also looking for a place to stay. Let me know if anyone has any good ideas. Thanks, Jim class 90
Hooti Hound Ag
AG
Davis - you can sublease my place. I'll be done in Boston on 6/30 and my lease runs through 8/31. Feel free to DM me for details.
DeadCiv
AG
davis_land said:

I'll be in Boston this summer for an internship with WBUR. Anyone know a cheap place to sublease?
Would love to hear more about your internship. We live in the Boston area, and my daughter's dream is to intern with BUR. Any hints?
inthesaddle32
For those Aggies that are currently living in Boston, can you recommend a few areas (safe, inexpensive)? My daughter will be moving to Boston in January, graduating this Friday! Whoop!

She has been offered a job with BD Medical and they recommend she live in Boston. Job will provide a company car, assuming she will be able to use it for personal use as well.

If you don't mind, please send me an email at Claudia.a.king3.civ @ mail dot mil
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Love Newburyport and the area all around it. My wife's family has a spot in Salisbury beach and another in Seabrook. We visit in the summer as often as possible. Always look forward to Newburyport especially if we're able to pick off a brew fest.
vikitor14
Traveling to Boston June 8-10 for the North Face Endurance Challenge. Staying in Canton.

What are some local joints that I *have* to hit up?
SbisaVictim95
AG
Will be in Boston on Oct. 14. Just wondering if the NE A&M Club still meets for game watching parties near Fenway? Depending on kickoff, I may be able to drop in and see some of the game before heading back to board the cruise ship.
kcag90
AG
Any game watching for USC this weekend?
csag08
AG
I believe the location for watch parties has changed and is now near Copley Square at Champions Sports Bar. Each week's watch party is updated on the NE Aggie Club's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/NewEnglandAggieClub/events/
kcag90
AG
Thanks csag. I will try to make it over there tomorrow night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.