Denver

693,278 Views | 4010 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ThunderFighter06
ThunderFighter06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly, my biggest concern for the location is the weather. As I'm sure you already know, the Palmer Divide is AWFUL in the wintertime. I hope someone with Buc-ee's is researching this!
Ags83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jock 07 said:

ThunderFighter06 said:

62strat said:

ThunderFighter06 said:

Board of County Commissioners says Buc-ee's qualifies as a convenience store under Land Development Code

Yessir. The plot thickens. Getting entertaining at least!

Quote:


According to the county, Buc-ee's will now need to submit a site development plan for review by the county, including lighting, landscaping, parking and traffic.



this is step 1 for any development btw.. nothing unique for this situation.

Understood. They still have a long way to go. If anything, I'm fascinated by Buc-ee's determination to secure this spot! Driven past the desired location several times. Pretty much right at the peak of Monument Hill on the west side of 25. Would be a great spot to grab a Texas Cheesesteak burrito on my way to my daughters' basketball or softball tournaments!

yup I remember thinking back in the mid 10's when I first moved here that it would be a strategically good spot for something like a Buc-ee's as they weren't expanding outside of TX at the time. It works well for me as that's exactly where I get on/off of 25 on the way to/from Denver.

But isn't that a reason not to have it there for you. I get on/off 25 at County Line also when going to Denver. That intersection is going to be a mad house once Buc-ees opens.
When the chips are down, the buffalo move on
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Garth brooks apparently at grizzly rose tomorrow.

https://www.ticketweb.com/event/yukon-jack-grizzly-rose-tickets/14294984?pl=%20grizzlyrose&REFID=wordpress&_gl=1*wxw1b6*_gcl_au*NjI1OTgyODI3LjE3ODg0MDA5MjU.*_ga*MTQ1NTgxNTE0Ny4xNzg4NDAwODk3*_ga_Q2S0SFSFFL*czE3ODg0MDA4OTckbzEkZzEkdDE3ODg0MDA5NTEkajYkbDAkaDE2Njc3MjM1Mjk.
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well that's gonna be an absolute **** show
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yall have fun with that. I'll see him at ball on Friday night.
Ags83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Pilot said:

Yall have fun with that. I'll see him at ball on Friday night.

Going there on Saturday night!
When the chips are down, the buffalo move on
ThunderFighter06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought this was worth sharing. Professional football is coming to Colorado Springs. I'm looking forward to it! Helps me get my mind off the current state of Aggie Football...

United Football League expands to Colorado Springs with new team
Aggie_Boomin 21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mayor referred to Colorado Springs in that article as being in "southern Colorado". While I guess that's technically true (not by much) I don't think I've heard anyone say that before.
ThunderFighter06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Mayor referred to Colorado Springs in that article as being in "southern Colorado". While I guess that's technically true (not by much) I don't think I've heard anyone say that before.

Correct! When we first moved here I was confused when the local new stations referred to the Springs as 'southern Colorado' as well. A glance confirms that it (barely) is in southern Colorado! Also curious as to what they are going to name the team. I see that they have not come up with a name yet!
Ags83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ThunderFighter06 said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Mayor referred to Colorado Springs in that article as being in "southern Colorado". While I guess that's technically true (not by much) I don't think I've heard anyone say that before.

Correct! When we first moved here I was confused when the local new stations referred to the Springs as 'southern Colorado' as well. A glance confirms that it (barely) is in southern Colorado! Also curious as to what they are going to name the team. I see that they have not come up with a name yet!


My guess as to why the TV stations refer it as southern Colorado is that they basically cover everything in the southeast quadrant of the state. Don't know of any other stations south of the Springs.
When the chips are down, the buffalo move on
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I feel like a lot of Coloradans just call everything south of Castle Rock Southern Colorado and everything north of Broomfield Northern Colorado
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kinda. I would say the Springs is more central Colorado than really southern.
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I also want to recommend Toy Doctor for you guys with Toyota and Lexus vehicles. I dropped off my Prius yesterday for a transmission service, oil change, and to secure the undercover since it was rattling on the highway. All in it was not quite $350 and the car runs better now. I do perform my own oil changes and basic maintenance normally, but I will do more business with them in the future for the bigger stuff.
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where they located ?
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8000 E. Mississippi in Denver. 8061 S. Broadway in Littleton.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Green2Maroon said:

Kinda. I would say the Springs is more central Colorado than really southern.
yes, but in terms of populated areas, there is the springs, Pueblo , and really nothing else until the border.
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
True, not much after Pueblo. Then the fascinating land of New Mexico.
ThunderFighter06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all watching the weather? Gonna be a soggy week! Looks like we're gonna get the remnants of two hurricanes...

Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty rare to see "Colorado" and "hurricane" in the same sentence.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like the forecast has changed significantly
ThunderFighter06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Correct. Storm tracked too far south so not nearly as much up north. Southeast CO getting soaked!
First Page Refresh
Page 115 of 115 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.