Denver

399,142 Views | 3637 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by 62strat
Silver Arrows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got an offer to work in Denver with the office being downtown. I know nothing about Denver and could use some advice on where to potentially live. I have a car but wouldn't mind using the light rail if possible for commuting to and from work if possible. Thanks
dw72008
AG
I am actually in the same boat. Just accepted a job with a company in downtown off 17th street. I will be moving to Denver within the next month.
Silver Arrows
AG
Nice! Most of the places I've found are downtown which would make my commute very easy. However, how good is downtown for the single?
GordonBombay
AG
I moved to Denver 6 months ago and it's where I want to be for the rest of my life.

When I moved here I knew one person that lived here and knew nothing of Denver. So I know where you're coming from if you need anything let me know.

PM if you have any questions on where to live, things to do, advice.
mikeag04
Howdy guys,
My girlfriend is moving to Denver and looking for a place to rent for her and her 2 dogs. Any advice on realtors or where the best place is online to maybe find a place? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Gig'em,
Mike C. '04
Hank Mardukas
AG
I too work downtown off of 17th street. I live at Park Ave West apartments, less than a mile from downtown (at park ave west and stout) and rent is really reasonable, almost cheap. It isn't in the best part of town but it isn't in a dangerous part of town by any means.

LoDo is pretty expensive and trendy, Cap Hill is cool but if you don't have reserved parking, street parking can be hard. City Park area has a bunch of nice historic complexes and some new loft-style complexes. There's just a big mix of places to live all over the city. I wanted to walk to work which is why I ended up living in the place I did.

I love it here so far, and I moved without knowing anybody. People are almost out-of-their-way nice and there's always something going on.

Welcome!
dw72008
AG
SunDevilAg,

I noticed that Park Avenue participates in the affordable housing program with income limits. Are you below these limits? If you make more then the limits does the rent change?

TIA
mosesrab90
AG
Come and meet some Denver area Aggies as the Denver A&M Club hosts our August happy hour on Friday Aug 17 at Ogden St South. Welcome to Denver!
62strat
AG
I just moved here too love it so far. Work in greenwood plaza, currently live near lone tree, but looking to buy in littleton or south glenn areas, or maybe even a bit north around hampden and university
Hank Mardukas
AG
I saw that too but neither my roommate nor I are low-income. I think it's only a few units in the building that are income restricted. And they do 6 month leases which is nice. It's great for the price.
dw72008
AG
Good to know thanks for the information.

I should be up there by Aug 17 so I will plan on coming to the Happy Hour and meeting a few more fellow aggies.
proudaggie02
AG
Good to hear about all the Ags moving here! There are a ton of Aggies here already. I've been here almost 3 years, and I plan to be here forever. The seasons are hard to beat, weather is great, Denver is full of life, always something going on, and the mountains are great.

There are several great neighborhoods near downtown, so I recommend making a trip out here prior to moving to scout some areas.
FJB
AG
I've finally made it to "move" week. Can't wait to roll into town Friday.
proudaggie02
AG
Where you driving from?
dbtexasag05
Inb4capitolgrillhasbetterburgerthancherrycricket
dbtexasag05
Oh and congratulations to all of you. I live in highlands ranch but wife wants a spot in Bonnie Brae or Wash Park.

Golf is great keep an eye out for good food and enjoy the outdoors!
NColoradoAG
Look at all these new Denver folks. I don't live in Denver, but work in Cap Hill. Always down to show someone around a bit or grab a beer!

And the cherry cricket has better burgers than capitol grill. Bring your BBQ pit because BBQ pretty much sucks here.
Silver Arrows
AG
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I have to make my decision by Monday.
FJB
AG
I drove in from McKinney TX. My movers arrive tomorrow morning so I should be all setup by the end of the weekend.

Just walking around, this place has some neat things to see and do.
proudaggie02
AG
Pedro,

I'll be hitting balls at Lone Tree Golf Club around 3:30 or 4:00 if you wanna meet up. I'll buy you a beer.

I'll be the big guy in a navy shirt, most likely hitting drivers.
dbtexasag05
Pedro,

Proud is not kidding. He may actually be hitting them over number one back onto lone tree parkway. So be careful with the moving truck

[This message has been edited by Dbtexasag05 (edited 7/22/2012 1:09a).]
FJB
AG
^
I'm bracing for the power display.

I definitely want to hit the range. It's been way too long since I've had the chance to play (like only half dozen rounds this year and no practice).

I'm still buried under cardboard boxes. When do you plan to be out there next?

[This message has been edited by Pedro_martinez (edited 7/22/2012 2:35p).]
Silver Arrows
AG
Any advice an apartment? I called Park Avenue West because it looked really cool but I did not qualify to live there.
dbtexasag05
Silver,

It all depends on what part of town you want to live in. Where are you thinking? Downtown, greenwood village/dtc, north, south.

Let me know and we will all narrow it down for you.
Silver Arrows
AG
Yeah I was really hoping for something downtown. However anything close to the rail would be fine.
proudaggie02
AG
Ballpark Lofts is a good location, but I think they're expensive.
Silver Arrows
AG
I've narrowed it down to Bank and Boston, Sky 2905, Premier Loft Apartments, Mezzo, Retreat in the Park, and Alexan City Center. Have you heard about any of those places?
proudaggie02
AG
I can't be of any help. Everyone I know around downtown either has a house or condo.
FJB
AG
I know a couple of guys I work with live in that area and seem to like it.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
Bring your BBQ pit because BBQ pretty much sucks here.

Or, you can become buddies with SoonerBorn. He beats any place I've had here, but he would also beat a ton of the good places in Texas. My bro-in-law lives in Austin and has done some work for Aaron Franklin (my b-i-l is a camera guy for movies/commercials/etc.). After having a bunch of brisket from Fanklin and having tried SoonerBorn's brisket, he was really impressed with SoonerBorn.

Apart from that, Jim n Nicks is good... especially their pork ribs, pulled pork, all of their sides, queso, and cheddar biscuits. Big Papa's has great ribs. Hickory House has good ribs down in Parker. Dickey's is decent, but I occasionally get the urge to go there to get massive portions of their sides. Moe's is pretty good.

Texas definitely has the better BBQ. I love BBQ, but I'll take the awesomeness of Colorado beer over TX bbq.
proudaggie02
AG
Some of us south Denver guys should get beers this weekend: db, 62strat, pedro, and anyone else. I might be able to do Friday evening or Saturday evening.
Silver Arrows
AG
Just found out that there is an apartment available at Park Avenue West that isn't apart of the income restriction so I think I'm going to take that spot. You all think it's pretty nice?
dbtexasag05
I am not aware park ave west. Is it low income at all and some are low income and others are not?
FJB
AG
I am down for Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Heading to red rocks for a concert on Saturday evening.
dbtexasag05
At red rocks make sure you go into the visitors center. There is a little rock and roll hall of fame down there
Last Page
Page 1 of 104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.