Christmas town vacation ideas

1,328 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
SETX-AGGIE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for Christmas vacation ideas around new years. We have been to Leavenworth, WA and had a great time. Looking for other options this yr. Skiing is a plus, but not necessary. We have looked at Woodstock, VT , but just wanted to see if you guys had any additional ideas.
Kreg17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming you're wanting to stay in North America…

Quebec City is wonderful around Christmas. Old Quebec has a great Christmas feel, and you could pair it with Charlevoix if you want some skiing/outdoor stuff.

Stowe, VT is another one I'd look at. Similar vibe to Woodstock but better if skiing is part of the equation.

Whitefish, MT is also worth a look. Similar to Leavenworth.

Woodstock is a great option. If the goal is somewhere that really feels like Christmas, I'd have Woodstock and Quebec City pretty high on the list, with Stowe/Whitefish depending on how much skiing you want to work in.
Luxury & Adventure Family Travel Agent
Personal Travel Concierge
Europe • Africa • S. America
www.voce-travel.com
Kyle.regitz@fora.travel
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I made a thread a while back and received some great feedback:
https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/3551549/replies/70602432
Scotts Tot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been to Woodstock around Christmas time. It's like walking around in a live postcard, or being in a Hallmark Christmas movie, except that it's not fake. We stayed at the iconic hotel there and it really did feel kind of magical.
country
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Second for Whitefish, MT. One of our favorite Christmas vacations as a family.

Humble brag…our daughter is doing a study abroad this December between France and Italy that finishes on the 20th. So family is flying to spend Christmas this year in Zermatt. Lifelong dream of mine to see Zermatt at Christmas and ski the Matterhorn.
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
California locations for Christmas

Grass Valley Cornish Christmas or Nevada City Victorian Christmas.
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Following. Looking for the same thing.
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leavenworth, WA. I've been wanting to get up there for a bit now but have not made it up just yet.
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My family got to spend Christmas and New Year's in Telluride, CO a few years ago. Pretty amazing.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoahAg said:

My family got to spend Christmas and New Year's in Telluride, CO a few years ago. Pretty amazing.


Can you provide more detail about Telluride at Christmas? That's a much easier drive than any of these others.
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The skiing is amazing. Even though it was the middle of the season, the lift lines were short. MUCH better than the Summit County slopes. This was 8 years ago so I'm not sure if it's changed.

In short, it's got a great Christmas "feel."
Plenty of shops and restaurants. So incredibly scenic.
Very walkable.
Enclosed gondola to take you back-and-forth between the town of Telluride and Mountain Village.

I will post more as I think of other details.
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think all the Christmas stuff in Quebec City ends day after Christmas so some of the stuff that makes it so special leading up to the 25th is done. At least from what I researched
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pahdz said:

I think all the Christmas stuff in Quebec City ends day after Christmas so some of the stuff that makes it so special leading up to the 25th is done. At least from what I researched


I will send these people a liturgical calendar. Christmas BEGINS on Christmas Eve. Doesn't end until mid January, depending on the year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.