Dallas to San Antonio drive

1,228 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Wicked Good Ag
AGpops1923
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a good place to eat. We always fly back and forth, but due to us moving our daughter to Dallas we had to make the drive.
Don't want to eat at the normal franchises. Preferably stay on i35 as well.
chick79
AG
We did this drive a couple of weeks ago. We stopped at Slovaceks in West. They have a sit down restaurant or you can go through the regular line. Their kolache selection is awesome and it's a lot better than the Czech Stop.
cadetjay02
AG
Lunch in Austin provides a myriad of options. Leroy and Lewis near south Congress is solid. Maybe Joe's Bakery on east 7th if you want Mexican.
AGpops1923
Thanks for the recommendations!
We ended up stopping at Heitmiller steakhouse in Waco. It's no Bohanan's, but my ribeye was only $20. The rolls were like elementary school rolls and the coconut cream pie was out of this world! Wife had fried shrimp and she ate em all.
Yeah, I try to avoid stopping in Austin at all costs. And being from SA , that's where I go for Mexican food.
CashinOut
AG
On your way back stop at Millers in Belton for BBQ
ChoppinDs40
AG
only 1 answer... Bucees in New Braunfels, Temple, or Hillsboro, or more than 1.

Next time... 281 and stop at Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls or Storms in Burnett.
chick79
AG
Bucees is so overrated.
ChoppinDs40
AG
chick79 said:

Bucees is so overrated.
I was kind of joking

However, I did get the three meat bbq sandwich yesterday and it was pretty tasty.

Not sure it was worth the $12.99 but it filled me up for lunch and dinner.
AGpops1923
I agree with chick. Bucees is a hard pass. Except for the bathrooms! And Bluebonnet Cafe is great. Love those mile high pies!!
TMfrisco
AG
The best answer in Waco is George's. Crazy Wings and a Big O!
Wicked Good Ag
Georges or Guess Family BBQ (if open) in Waco are some of your best bets for more than halfway

I do love some Bluebonnet Cafe listed above as well.
BlueCorn Harvest Cafe I heard is good and unreal Key Line Pie from a friend who swears by food
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.