Travel Attire for Men

5,655 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by MouthBQ98
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
90 bull said:

Bluffworks pants are great. I took one pair of pants and a pair of their shorts for 11 months in a backpack.

I second the Bluffworks line. Bought some trousers (don't call them "pants" in Europe - that's underwear) for my trip to London last year.
bthotugigem05
AG
I've known the Bluffworks CEO for years and have been using their products ever since their first travel pants came out. Phenomenal products and he's an absolute class act.

(fun story: when they were working on their women's line, the CEO's wife would usually wear one of the patterns around NYC just to see how she liked it. She wasn't available one day and they were up against a deadline, so the CEO just threw on the dress himself and went around NYC. I asked if he got any weird looks and he said, "bthotugigem05, this is New York City. I wasn't even the most interestingly-dressed person on my subway car, nobody even noticed me")
94chem
scd88 said:

90 bull said:

Bluffworks pants are great. I took one pair of pants and a pair of their shorts for 11 months in a backpack.

I second the Bluffworks line. Bought some trousers (don't call them "pants" in Europe - that's underwear) for my trip to London last year.

They look okay, but are $125, and are obviously very casual. Under no circumstances would I try to wear them in a business setting and pass them off as actual slacks. I just go with the $40 nylon Columbia cargo pants and don't even try to do the "fake slacks" thing for 3x more $.

We allow jeans now, and I've taken a liking to DU/ER. I usually just wait until the original owner gets too fat, and then pick them up used.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Matsui
AG
Definitely not a golf polo or athletic sneakers
Shorts short sleeve button down
Casual sneakers
Urban Country Boy
AG
wangus12 said:

Normally I'd wear some golf shorts and a dri-fit t-shirt.
Some people don't mind Europeans knowing they are Americans. Shorts and white tennis shoes will make that happen. When I am in Europe I wear black slacks, dark or black long sleeve shirt and black dress shoes. In the winter I add a P coat or leather jacket. But that is what I wear everywhere.
jh0400
AG
Does anyone have a rec for a good pair of travel shoes? I've tried Allbirds, Sperrys, and a few other brands with little luck for something that is comfortable to walk a lot of steps over cobblestones in but doesn't look like a running shoe.

For other clothes, I pack Vineyard Vines On the Go shorts and Charles Tyrwhitt linen shirts.
Naveronski
AG
I like my On Clouds or their other versions. Comfortable walking, running, or everyday shoes.
jh0400
AG
I have a pair of On Cloud 5s that I've worn on previous trips. I'd like to find something that is similarly comfortable but doesn't look like a running shoe.
scd88
AG
Naveronski said:

I like my On Clouds or their other versions. Comfortable walking, running, or everyday shoes.

I've had On's as my primary shoe choice to India and London. Fantastic travel shoes.
malenurse
AG
As a nurse, with plantar fasciitis, I used to wear orthotics with whatever shoe I wore. I have been very happy with Skechers for many years and no longer need the orthotics.

On Clouds are nice but Skechers usually half the price. And they have many walking shoes that don't look like athletic shoes.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Spore Ag
At one time one could identify where an individual was from by noticing what shoes they wore. Americans had loafers, Brits clunky Clark's shoes, Asians cheap Bata knockoffs and Russians all wore the same sandals with black socks.
Warm to hot I bring shoes that collapse at the heel for easy packing like Ola Kai or Altras. Cold weather polished leather shoes like Keens.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Vans Custom Old Skool. Build them on their website. I like the suede instead of fabric and the sidestripe to match the rest of the shoe so navy, gray, or black are the best options.
88agg
AG
Ecco shoes look nice and are as comfortable as my on clouds. I have goretex Ecco's for rain.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Try the Roger Federer On Clouds. Classic tennis shoe.
MouthBQ98
AG
So, hiking/utility pants in darker colors?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.