Bora Bora

2,150 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 04aggiegirl
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about it for a 25th anniversary. For those that have been, where does it rank among your favorite vacations? Any tips / things to consider? Just now starting to look into it for next year.
OilManAg91
AG
I was there over July 4th week. Fantastic trip. One of the few places I have been that are better than the pictures. Also one of the most expensive trips you could take, but definitely worth it. Do a search on Bora Bora and you will find a few threads with tips on it which should answer most of your questions. Then I am happy to fill in the gaps if you still need more info.
Urban Country Boy
AG
OilManAg91 said:

I was there over July 4th week. Fantastic trip. One of the few places I have been that are better than the pictures. Also one of the most expensive trips you could take, but definitely worth it. Do a search on Bora Bora and you will find a few threads with tips on it which should answer most of your questions. Then I am happy to fill in the gaps if you still need more info.
Now you put it on my list.
dirkjones
AG
Just back 3 weeks ago. Booked trip through pacificholidaysinc.com from recommendation here. 2 weeks to bora bora, moorea and rangiroa about 16k. Probably another 4K there. Water is the bluest and clearest I've seen. Snorkeling was good. Beaches were pretty terrible but I knew that going in. I'd say about 75 European and of those 75% of those were French. In my opinion, French people mostly suck. It was a bucket list trip but I don't think I need to see again. I prefer Hawaii to French Polynesia. May try Fiji one day.
Ag CPA
AG
It's everything you think it is, will not disappoint (FWIW we stayed at the FS). As noted above there are a few good threads to search.

Agree, would be much nicer if the French nationals were not involved (and they are impossible to avoid as they petty much ran things at the FS, from the front desk to the bars) but it is what it is.
Urban Country Boy
AG
dirkjones said:

In my opinion, French people mostly suck.
My family is from France.
OilManAg91
AG
dirkjones said:

Just back 3 weeks ago. Booked trip through pacificholidaysinc.com from recommendation here. 2 weeks to bora bora, moorea and rangiroa about 16k. Probably another 4K there. Water is the bluest and clearest I've seen. Snorkeling was good. Beaches were pretty terrible but I knew that going in. I'd say about 75 European and of those 75% of those were French. In my opinion, French people mostly suck. It was a bucket list trip but I don't think I need to see again. I prefer Hawaii to French Polynesia. May try Fiji one day.
I don't know which beaches you where on in Moorea and Bora Bora, but I couldn't disagree more. There are many beaches which are perfect white sand, calm water and crystal clear with fantastic scenery. A short list of some of the beaches I've been to Hawaii (Oahu, Kawaii, Big Island), Greece, south Florida, 30A, French Mediterranean, Croatia and about 10 islands in the Caribbean. Bora Bora beaches compare to Grand Cayman and St John, USVI. Sure you can find mediocre beaches on any island, but the best beaches in Bora Bora and Moorea are better than 99.9% of the beaches around the world. Don't know how you could ask for more.

Here is one of the mediocre beaches in Bora Bora
BSD
AG
Is there decent diving down there? I think I'd get bored just sitting on a beautiful beach. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but my mind wanders and I need to be active.
Urban Country Boy
AG
Ag CPA said:

Agree, would be much nicer if the French nationals were not involved.
Not good.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Previous Texags Bora Thread

We were there this exact time a year ago so have been reliving through pictures this week. We made it work for us financially via points, American miles for the flights through Air Tahiti Nui and Amex points transferred to Bonvoy for partial hotel at the St. Regis. Food and beverage is very expensive, so even with our flights and ~ 60% hotel coverage from miles we still spent about $8k for 6 days/5 nights...but we can rack up some F&B tabs . Wife and I both agree a top 5 day of our lives was chartering a boat to drive us around the island for the day and cook a private lunch, I mention in the thread above. We'd go back in a heartbeat, but not sure I'd do it without miles help as the expense really gets insane. If we head back that direction I would want to check out the Cook Islands, specifically Aitutaki, maybe combine with a New Zealand trip since you pretty much have to go there first to get to the Cooks.

For what its worth had no issues at all with the French, including going to a local French restaurant. We found the guests to be equally diversified across just about every country.
Ag CPA
AG
Urban Country Boy said:

Ag CPA said:

Agree, would be much nicer if the French nationals were not involved.
Not good.
My family is Alsatian but I'm not going to carry water for the French, especially the trust fund babies from Paris privileged enough to get a summer job in Bora Bora.
CaptnCarl
AG
Bora Bora is absolutely incredible. We split time between Four Seasons and St Regis. The private beach villas at the St Regis we're the way to go, but enjoyed the over water bungalow at FS as well.

Diving was great. Extremely healthy reefs just a stones throw off the resorts. Plenty of activities to stay busy. The St Regis gives your snorkel gear when you check in to snorkel the lagoonarium. We enjoyed riding bikes around the SR property. The jet ski tour around the island with lunch at Bora Bora Beach club was a blast.

Expensive. Wallet is still cooling off, but no regrets. We still talk about Bora Bora the best vacation.
Ags2013
AG
BSD said:

Is there decent diving down there? I think I'd get bored just sitting on a beautiful beach. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but my mind wanders and I need to be active.
Bora Boring

tamc93
AG
We were just talking about this one. Anyone been on it before?

https://www.aggienetwork.com/trip/4292/tahitian-legends/
Kamala and Ann Richards have something in common...both wh..
FJB 2.0 (KH)
OilManAg91
AG
Yes, very good diving. Great water clarity. Very healthy coral with lots of fish, sharks and rays. The Mantas are huge.
04aggiegirl
AG
How was your trip!? We cannot wait to go and be 'bored'!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.