Bora Bora recs

8,450 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by EliteElectric
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
StinkyPinky said:

EliteElectric said:

for those who have been, did you hire a photographer or did the resort offer it as an option?

figuring since this may be the only time we ever go would love to have some good shots to make into a photobook
Take me with you and I'll photo-journal your whole trip with professional quality snaps. The naughty one's will cost a premium, but an option if you prefer. Only requirement I have is would prefer an aisle seat for the trip to/fro.
No "naughty" ones when you have your 9yo with you lol
www.elitellp.net/

StinkyPinky
AG
EliteElectric said:

StinkyPinky said:

EliteElectric said:

for those who have been, did you hire a photographer or did the resort offer it as an option?

figuring since this may be the only time we ever go would love to have some good shots to make into a photobook
Take me with you and I'll photo-journal your whole trip with professional quality snaps. The naughty one's will cost a premium, but an option if you prefer. Only requirement I have is would prefer an aisle seat for the trip to/fro.
No "naughty" ones when you have your 9yo with you lol

Yea, that would be a problem. On a serious note, will be an amazing trip for the junior. Awesome you are treating them to the larger world out there. No better experience than world travel.
EliteElectric
StinkyPinky said:

Yea, that would be a problem. On a serious note, will be an amazing trip for the junior. Awesome you are treating them to the larger world out there. No better experience than world travel.
Agree, she's been to Hawaii several times, Cayman, St Thomas, Cancun, Cozumel, Florida, Los Angeles, Chicago, NOAL and Nashville, she's quite the traveler. My parents did that with us so we do the same. No experience like it for children.
www.elitellp.net/

StinkyPinky
AG
EliteElectric said:

StinkyPinky said:

Agree, she's been to Hawaii several times, Cayman, St Thomas, Cancun, Cozumel, Florida, Los Angeles, Chicago, NOAL and Nashville, she's quite the traveler. My parents did that with us so we do the same. No experience like it for children.

Absolutely! I lived in Jamaica for two years when I was her age. Talk about putting things in perspective and realizing what we as Americans take for granted. Spent my high school years in Australia and while western civilized, was still a culture shock and fantastic learning experience. Two of my kids did exchanges in So Korea and also caught the travel bug. Coincidentally enough my son (now at A&M) has Bora Bora on his must visit list.
EliteElectric
Wife stumbled on this FB group, a lot of good info-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/boraboras
www.elitellp.net/

EliteElectric
Getting confirmations and communications from resort, airlines and excursions, ****'s getting real. T minus 6 weeks until another bucket list domino falls!!!!!

My corny ass even changed all the backgrounds on my devices and electronics to high res images of BB!!!
www.elitellp.net/

ChoppinDs40
AG
Looking for some general thoughts here and have read this over the years.

Few basic questions. When's the best time to go? My wife works in school administration all we only really get Christmas/spring break and 2 weeks around July 4th as our windows.

I have a lot of American miles. What's generally the best flight path to use those?

What should we reasonably expect price per night? $1k?

Suggestions on resorts and what makes them better/unique?

We're both PADI certified and like to be on a boat for trips like this. I generally just like to laze about on a beach or pool so having over the top private room accommodations isn't necessarily key. Maybe 2 nights in a bungalow or something then move to a peasant room.
Ag CPA
AG
Best time is generally our summer months when there is less humidity and slightly cooler temps.

You can use AA miles on the Air Tahiti Nui flights from LAX and Seattle, the flights are code shared. I have also heard that sometimes you have to get on the phone with the AAdvantage desk to get the flights booked versus being online but not sure if that is still the case either.

The flights from PPT to BOB and the other islands are on Air Tahiti (a different airline) and you will have to pay up.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Thanks. What do those puddle jumper flights usually run? Probably $300/pp?
Ag CPA
AG
It was that before COVID so I would guess $400+ roundtrip these days, ain't cheap for a 30-minute flight but they've got you by the balls.

Here is the website if you want to play around: https://www.airtahiti.com/en/
EliteElectric
We are 28 days from our departure, I haven't been this excited since, like, ever!
wcb
AG
For anyone that's been recently, what's a reasonable daily budget for food (seeing how it's not all inclusive). I think we have breakfast included (planning on staying at the Four Seasons). We're looking at adding 2 nights at the St Regis - they have a room option that's $500 more than the base that includes dinner. Just wondering if $500/night is the going rate for just dinner. Ouch.
EliteElectric
wcb said:

For anyone that's been recently, what's a reasonable daily budget for food (seeing how it's not all inclusive). I think we have breakfast included (planning on staying at the Four Seasons). We're looking at adding 2 nights at the St Regis - they have a room option that's $500 more than the base that includes dinner. Just wondering if $500/night is the going rate for just dinner. Ouch.
How many people? I am guessing 50-75 per person per meal. We plan on breakfast at our resort, snacks throughout the day from local grocery store and then a nice dinner. So for the 3 of us like 2k for 5 days
East Dallas Ag
AG
It's been 1.5 years since we went, stayed at St. Regis, pulled up our folio from the trip and based on todays exchange rate our most expensive dinner at Lagoon was $467 w/gratuity. I can't tell if that includes alcohol or not, but i think it does, otherwise our total would have been $600+ and I don't remember ever having that expensive of a dinner. Our total at Far Niente the Italian restaurant was $300 and Bamboo was $200. I think there is a fixed price/menu dinner through the Te Pahu restaurant, don't do that it was the only one that we really didn't care for.

If $500 is just for dinner, I wouldn't do that, if that's for the full day, especially if it includes beverages, I would absolutely do that.
EliteElectric
Man! I already have my head on spring break 2024, but then, this AM, our tip/street money came in. 2 lifts of 50k CFP. I won't be able to sleep now. Tick tick tick tick

EliteElectric
4 days left and we'll be here

It's gonna be hard to sleep the next few days! Our 10yo is more excited than me!!!!
EliteElectric
Eagle. Has. Landed.

www.elitellp.net/

EliteElectric

www.elitellp.net/

ChoppinDs40
AG
kid on phone, eating cheese pizza. Definitely americans on vacation
EliteElectric
Sunrise

www.elitellp.net/

EliteElectric
The good-

Pics do not do this place justice! Definitely created by god's own hand!

The bad-

Very little ac anywhere so be ready to be hot and sweaty!

The ugly-

I came back with the flu

www.elitellp.net/

EliteElectric
www.elitellp.net/

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.