Delayed/Cancelled Airline Flights?

7,289 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by YouBet
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

wangus12 said:

Suck it United. Already back in DFW via Southwest

Southwest has invested a ton in DEN with that new set of gates and flights, might be worth checking out in the future.
Southwest has had their own problems getting in and out of Denver. They were routinely cancelling flights to and from Houston out of DEN last summer and fall.

Been lucky so far out of AUS I guess.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
CDub06 said:

Side note: those new southwest gates in Denver are nice! They pulled down the sheet rock where they'd been building at the end of the terminal and voil, shiny new gates!

Yes, so much brighter and tons of room.
wangus12
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

wangus12 said:

Suck it United. Already back in DFW via Southwest

Southwest has invested a ton in DEN with that new set of gates and flights, might be worth checking out in the future.
We almost always fly SWA since my wife works for them and we get great benefits (Its how we got home yesterday). Only time we actually book/pay for flights is when we need to be somewhere guaranteed, in this instance, a wedding. United was the cheapest for a quick trip. Now we are getting a refund from United for the cancellation and we still made it home via free standby on SWA.

We were talking to the CSAs in the terminal and they said yesterday morning that the day was about to turn into a **** show. Glad we got out when we did.

And agreed. The new SWA stuff in Terminal C in DEN is great
txags92
AG
If you have any flights on Southwest in the next 2-3 days, you should expect them to be cancelled or heavily delayed based on the happenings at Love Field this morning the resulting FAA ground stop. This is going to be just like the episodes where Love gets shut down by severe storms for se3veral hours and the ripple effects through their system last for days afterwards. And nobody will be getting any compensation because they are going to be able to pin the delays/cancellations back to the security issues that closed the airport.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

If you have any flights on Southwest in the next 2-3 days, you should expect them to be cancelled or heavily delayed based on the happenings at Love Field this morning the resulting FAA ground stop. This is going to be just like the episodes where Love gets shut down by severe storms for se3veral hours and the ripple effects through their system last for days afterwards. And nobody will be getting any compensation because they are going to be able to pin the delays/cancellations back to the security issues that closed the airport.
I imagine it would be back to normal by Thursday. Hopefully.
PlanoAg98
AG
https://nasstatus.faa.gov/

txags92
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

I imagine it would be back to normal by Thursday. Hopefully.
We will see. The episodes last year and earlier this year typically took at least 2-3 days to get back close to normal. So Thursday would the 3rd day.
Ag with kids
AG
The Lost said:

Ag with kids said:

TXTransplant said:

I just went through the application process, but it's wanting me to pay $100 before I even book an appointment.

Another website says IAH has no appointments available. None at HOU either.

Ugh. Why does the government have to make everything so complicated?

Edit: I just went ahead and paid the $100 fee since my cc will reimburse me. Maybe once my application is approved, that will grant me access to an appt.
Get CLEAR, too. It clears you through the security line completely. At a lot of airports lots of people have Pre so the lines can still suck - CLEAR bypasses that. And a lot of cards will reimburse for it. I've got it for my GF and me.

You also get to pay money for your biometric data to be sold!
Wait until you find out the government owns your face when you get a driver's license...
EMY92
AG
I've only flown for one trip this year. On the way there, no problem. On the way home, we were accelerating down the runway, then hit the brakes. Pilot had a warning light. Pulled off the runway, sat for about 45 minutes while maintenance worked the problem, then flew home without incident.
YouBet
AG
I will be getting right and royally f'ed today.

Flying out of Love Field and EA didn't book me as TSA Pre-Check.
JustPanda
AG
You can add your TSA Precheck known traveler number (KTN) to your ticket and it'll be printed on a new boarding pass when you check in at the terminal.

I add mine all the time at or on the way to the airport.
752bro4
AG
DAL is/was a cluster this morning. Thankful for pre/Clear. Non TSA was backed up quite a bit, lots of once-a-year-flight-takers, and C-group types lining up with A-groups. Pretty typical for summer though.

My flight was about to push off, pilot and first officer were pulled off and reassigned to a different flight. New crew was just assigned, about to go through the pre-flight routine. Was supposed to leave at 6:45, now looking at 7:45. They blamed the scheduling issues on yesterdays incident, and said it was going to be another day until it all sorted out. Yah.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
" C-group types lining up with A-groups "

These folks need to stay back where they belong……
PlanoAg98
AG
I have family flying up from Hobby to Love on Thursday. It looks like most all flights from HOU to DAL were on time or very close to on time this morning.
YouBet
AG
752bro4 said:

DAL is/was a cluster this morning. Thankful for pre/Clear. Non TSA was backed up quite a bit, lots of once-a-year-flight-takers, and C-group types lining up with A-groups. Pretty typical for summer though.

My flight was about to push off, pilot and first officer were pulled off and reassigned to a different flight. New crew was just assigned, about to go through the pre-flight routine. Was supposed to leave at 6:45, now looking at 7:45. They blamed the scheduling issues on yesterdays incident, and said it was going to be another day until it all sorted out. Yah.

Plot twist: I just got here. There isn't a soul here. I was literally the only person in pre-check line. Took about 30 seconds to get through security.
Hincemm
AG
YouBet said:

EA?
YouBet
AG
Hincemm said:

YouBet said:

EA?

Executive Assistant. My wife's EA books my travel sometimes...because why not. Got that fixed BTW before getting to airport so I would like to publicly apologize for my anger towards her this morning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.