Wimbledon

2,608 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stardustag
Sorrell Booke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will be in London during Wimbledon this year. Anyone know the best way to secure tickets? This years tickets went to patrons who had tickets to 2020 but got Covid'd out, so the tickets rolled over. I know not everyone will be using their tickets from 2 years ago. The website says not to buy tickets from resellers as they are not transferrable.

Any advice on how to secure tickets?

TIA
Aggie71013
AG
What kind of tickets are you looking for? There is always the queue.
Prosper92Ag
AG
Unless they've changed, in addition to the queue, they have a limited amount that go on sale every morning online (I think Ticketmaster). Gotta be ready to get online early, but I got center court seats that way.
AggieZUUL
AG
I love me some breakfast at.
scd88
AG
I went in 1982 as a teen. Great experience. Of course, that was literally decades ago....

I was a huge Jimmy Connors fan and, while I didn't get to see him play or get his autograph, I did get his wife to sign my program as she was exiting Centre Court after one of his victories.
Sorrell Booke
General admission or grounds tickets would suffice, but I wouldn't mind watching a match if I could get tickets. Mainly would like to walk the grounds, go to swag shop, drink a Pimms, eat some strawberries, people watch a bit.
Sorrell Booke
Finally headed to the AEC tomorrow. Paid way too much money for the tickets, but I am excited. Never posted pics on here yet, but may have to figure out how to do it.
Matsui
AG
Please!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Would love to read about your experience. Pix would be a great bonus.
Sorrell Booke
Well, Wimbledon was awesome! We took the tube to Southfields Station, then walked with 1000 other people to the gates. There were people wearing suits and dresses, as well as people wearing shorts and flip flops. Once inside the gates, we made our way to Centre Court to walk around a bit. As I mentioned, I paid way too much for tickets, I bought Debenture tickets to #1 Court. As a Debenture ticket holder, we entered a private restaurant and had our first two Pimms and a bit of lunch. From there, we made our way to our seats where we watched a girl from Kazakhstan beat a girl from Croatia. Hadn't heard of either one, but it was exciting. The grass courts are amazing. The acoustics inside the stadium were truly remarkable. You know how on tv you can make out what the spectators are saying before the serve, well, you didn't have to speak loudly for that to be the case. You could speak somewhat normally and be heard fairly well. The one thing that you don't hear at American sporting events is the sound of champagne bottles popping from the stands. It seems as if every 5th person had purchased a bottle to be enjoyed from their seats during the match. The other thing is that there are no vendors hawking beers or cotton candy. It was nice to only hear the umpire and the grunts of the girls instead of "Ice cold cokes, cotton candy, peanuts".

More to follow.. and pics if I can figure out how to.
bam02
AG
Very cool! Would love to see some pics.
cr0wbar
AG
Was watching some matches over the weekend and thought how cool it'd be to see a live Wimbledon match. Congrats to you! Please post the pics
Sorrell Booke
https://imgur.com/a/1uvplA8
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I will help out gramps

Milwaukees Best Light
AG

scd88
AG
Great photos. What a fantastic experience.
HollywoodBQ
AG
80-90 pounds for a bottle of champagne. Wow.
Almost makes the 9 quid drinks look cheap.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Matsui
AG
This is awesome. Thanks for sending.
jmm
Great experience. Went in 2019, stayed in Wimbledon Village, got to play on the grass courts, best center court and court 1 seats, eat dinner at same restaurants as many players, and winner take all ping pong tournament in our backyard every evening.

Got to go in 2012 as a guest of AELTC. Honorary membership for duration of tournament. Ate in members dining room at #1 table, drank in members bar and got to meet several past champions. Parking place right out the front gate next to Andy Murray and Tim Henman. Toured men's locker rooms, walked on Center Court and got to play doubles on the grass courts. Best center court and court 1 seats. A tennis enthusiasts dream trip.

How? A very successful entrepreneur who is a world class tennis player was being treated and I got to tag along.
Sorrell Booke
A few more pics….

https://imgur.com/a/vDXXzWb
Jackal99
AG
Not sure if it's who you saw, but "a girl from Kazakhstan" (Rybakina) just made it to the finals.
Sorrell Booke
Yes, that is who I saw. Good luck to her. I was disappointed that Rafa withdrew after defeating Fritz, but I would have done the same thing. I was hoping that Fritz would win outright, but it didn't happen. Now I am expecting a Djovic victory because i cant stand that Aussie.
scd88
AG
I can't stand the Aussie, either.
TikkaShooter
This is a huge bucket list item of mine, and I'd love to know what "way too much" for tickets was.

$500 per?

More??
Wicked Good Ag
TikkaShooter said:

This is a huge bucket list item of mine, and I'd love to know what "way too much" for tickets was.

$500 per?

More??
Ticket food and gift shop type items total cost

Bucket list for me as well

Would like to go to England from Wimbeldon to beginning of Premier League as that would be international sports bucket list for me
stardustag
AG
Sorrell Booke said:

Well, Wimbledon was awesome! We took the tube to Southfields Station, then walked with 1000 other people to the gates. There were people wearing suits and dresses, as well as people wearing shorts and flip flops. Once inside the gates, we made our way to Centre Court to walk around a bit. As I mentioned, I paid way too much for tickets, I bought Debenture tickets to #1 Court. As a Debenture ticket holder, we entered a private restaurant and had our first two Pimms and a bit of lunch. From there, we made our way to our seats where we watched a girl from Kazakhstan beat a girl from Croatia. Hadn't heard of either one, but it was exciting. The grass courts are amazing. The acoustics inside the stadium were truly remarkable. You know how on tv you can make out what the spectators are saying before the serve, well, you didn't have to speak loudly for that to be the case. You could speak somewhat normally and be heard fairly well. The one thing that you don't hear at American sporting events is the sound of champagne bottles popping from the stands. It seems as if every 5th person had purchased a bottle to be enjoyed from their seats during the match. The other thing is that there are no vendors hawking beers or cotton candy. It was nice to only hear the umpire and the grunts of the girls instead of "Ice cold cokes, cotton candy, peanuts".

More to follow.. and pics if I can figure out how to.
Great write-up! I assume the lunch and the drinks weren't part of the ticket price right?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.