Another passport question

4,841 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TXTransplant
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon10 said:

How close to vacation time should one contact Senators office for passport help? A week out?

I wouldn't wait.
drewser95
AG
maroon10 said:

How close to vacation time should one contact Senators office for passport help? A week out?
When I left a message for my US rep (thought it might get a faster response than either Senator), the guy who called me back told me that due to current volume, they couldn't really do anything like they used to able to, unless it was for business or some kind of life or death situation.

But he did say to try back two weeks before the trip if I still hadn't received mine.
TXCityGirl
TAMU's Education Abroad office is a licensed passport agency. We have gotten two rounds of passports there and it's easy and painless. You schedule an appointment from their website.
maroon10
AG
I just got the email that mine is now being printed. Whoop. Cabo here we come. From mail to door will be about 16-17 weeks.
Worlds Foremost Ag
AG
Just received ours. 13 weeks from mailing.
AgProgrammer
AG
Renewed my passport on August 7th. Chose expedited service, shipped overnight Priority Express to PA, then paid for expedited shipping back. Got it back on September 2nd. So a little less than 4 weeks door-to-door.
TXTransplant
Got the kid's passport back this week! Not sure what day it arrived because I don't check the box every day.

That was about a 6 week turn-around. Didn't expedite anything. I suspect there was a rush on passports in the spring/early summer when travel opened back up and that's subsided now.

Return address on the envelope was Aurora, CO, though. I expected it to be Dallas.
agdaddy04
AG
How quick did y'all's original birth certificates return? Also, I find it strange they return the expired passport. I guess so people can recall where all they've been?
drewser95
AG
About 30 days for mine. It came back while I was overseas.
TXTransplant
agdaddy04 said:

How quick did y'all's original birth certificates return? Also, I find it strange they return the expired passport. I guess so people can recall where all they've been?

Haven't gotten the birth certificate or old passport back, yet. I understand why they send it separately, but this is the part of the process that always makes me the most nervous.
TXTransplant
Got the BC and old passport back today. It was also postmarked from Aurora, CO.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.