Florida Panhandle

2,858 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TLIAC
TLIAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone is looking to travel to the Florida Panhandle this spring or summer, I'm putting in a shameless plug for the Navarre Beach area. It is kind of an undiscovered treasure. It is halfway between Pensacola and Destin and it is a very laid back town. You get the beautiful blue green waters of the Florida panhandle without the crowds of Pensacola, Destin or Panama City Beach. We bought a beach house there in the summer of 2019 that sleeps 10. If you are interested send me an email at thisladyisacop at gmail dot com. I'd be happy to send you information. We love it there and we love the fact that we can go and have fun without all the crowds.
62strat
AG
That's where my family went when I was growing up in the 80s. Didn't know it was much of a secret!
TLIAC
AG
It's amazing how many people have never heard of it. It is becoming less of a secret though.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Dont go letting people in on this secret!

This is a great beach and nice, laid back town. Not much to do there besides the beach but a short drive to either Destin or Pensacola. Our family has only visited a few times but we love it.
TLIAC
AG
Just checked our bookings and surprisingly we still have the week of July 4th open. May is also open and August. I expect those dates to start filling especially since it's a stand alone house where guests don't have to worry about the covid cooties the close quarters a condo or hotel would provide. Email me if you would like information: thisladyisacop at gmail dot com .
AgOutsideAustin
AG
No Covid cooties are sure to boost your reservations!
TLIAC
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

No Covid cooties are sure to boost your reservations!
It's a perk for sure. Last April/May when shelter in place was in full force we escaped to the beach house and basically sheltered there. I'm sure that the dose of beach therapy is what kept me sane. I could have sat in the house in College Station and looked at the walls or sat on my back deck in Florida and looked at the Gulf. We chose Option #2.
txcincinnatus
AG
Family has been going to Navarre for several years. We enjoy it. To OP's point, same beach as all the rest and far less crowded. Biggest downside is the lack of quality restaurants. Other than the Slippery Mermaid (sushi), I find most everything else to be pretty lacking. Rentals in Navarre quite a bit cheaper, so it's still worth it for us as we tend to cook / stay in.
TLIAC
AG
txcincinnatus said:

Family has been going to Navarre for several years. We enjoy it. To OP's point, same beach as all the rest and far less crowded. Biggest downside is the lack of quality restaurants. Other than the Slippery Mermaid (sushi), I find most everything else to be pretty lacking. Rentals in Navarre quite a bit cheaper, so it's still worth it for us as we tend to cook / stay in.
Have you tried Cactus Flower? If not, give it a try the next time you go. It's not TexMex so if you go in thinking that's what you are going to get, you will be disappointed. Their mango shrimp and queso bites appetizers are to die for. They have a great tortilla soup too. I have loved everything I tried. The owner is from Texas and he went to that school in Austin so I try to wear a TAMU shirt whenever we go in. Where Y'at Seafood is also good. Next time you go send me an email. I'll give you some other suggestions.

Like you, when we are there, we usually cook at the house but it's a nice treat to eat out a few times too.

Wheatables02
AG
email sent
TLIAC
AG
Wheatables02 said:

email sent
Got it and replied - Thank you
valtosca
AG
Sent you an email just now about our last minute trip. Thanks!
TLIAC
AG
valtosca said:

Sent you an email just now about our last minute trip. Thanks!
Just replied.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.