Hurricane Delta - Cancun

6,241 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggBock
Michiyo-Fir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks a lot for the info! Still debating if I want to head down or not, not sure if the services, activities, food supply and such will be the same in the next week or two..
Matsui
AG
When are you going?
Michiyo-Fir
Supposed to be leaving Friday night. I suspect services will be disrupted for at least a week since I see some resorts in the area listed their re-opening dates as sometime between Saturday to the following Monday. Even then, I'm not sure if those resorts would be able to resume 100% normal operations, or simply open and limp along for a week or two, hence my hesitation about going.
PlanoAg98
AG
The gulf hurricane season is thru 11/30. We booked out drip for mid December. Even if there is a late season storm, it should be fine by our trip.
txags92
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

The gulf hurricane season is thru 11/30. We booked out drip for mid December. Even if there is a late season storm, it should be fine by our trip.
Most people don't realize it, but for the western Caribbean (Caymans, Mexican Yucatan, Belize, etc.) they get a lot more action late in the season than they do earlier. The NHC will tell you that the traditional "peak" of hurricane season is around September 15th, but for the Western Caribbean, they are far more likely to get a storm in October or November than they are in August or early September based on the last 30 years or so of storm tracks.
AggBock
AG
Leaving early in morning. How is the weather? Forecast shows rain all weekend.
AggBock
AG
All good in Playa del Carmen. Come on down
tailgatetimer10
AG
Are you there? How is it? We will be arriving soon.
AggBock
AG
It is awesome. We went downtown yesterday and Xplor the day before. Not much impact from the hurricane although you see some damage and a bunch of trees turned over
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

All good in Playa del Carmen. Come on down
Which Reef hotel did you stay at?
AggBock
AG
Reef Playacar.
JMac03
AG
Most places are looking good. Some minor damage on the hotels on Cancun strip. From what I could tell most hotels are back open.

There was quite a bit of tree branches down between Grand at Moon Palace and hotel strip.

AggBock
AG
I will say that the shops in town are extra aggressive. I think the Covid did a number on them and they are trying to make it up in a hurry. Doesn't help that there are not a lot of tourists. Be careful. I had some really passionate sales people trying to rip me off. I asked how much for a coffee cup and was quoted the special price of 22 USD! We settled on 6 but come on.
txags92
AG
AggBock said:

I will say that the shops in town are extra aggressive. I think the Covid did a number on them and they are trying to make it up in a hurry. Doesn't help that there are not a lot of tourists. Be careful. I had some really passionate sales people trying to rip me off. I asked how much for a coffee cup and was quoted the special price of 22 USD! We settled on 6 but come on.
Wait until they start offering the honeymoon price!
AggBock
AG
The fact my daughter was with us might have not allowed them to offer honeymoon price. Lol
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.