Ark Encounter in Kentucky?

1,939 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 75AG
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone been? We're looking at a road trip to Tennessee this fall and thought it might be fun for the kids since it's only a few hours from Nashville. Is it worth the 3 hour drive?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
If you are an evangelical Christian, you'll probably love it. If you are of the more traditional ilk like Catholic or Missouri Synod Lutheran, you'll find it entertaining but not 3 hour road trip worthy. If you are non Christian, it's worth a drive from the hi way just to see the immensity of it, but not worth admissions, but in that case you probably wouldn't have asked.

And I'm not trying to hijack this from a religious perspective, but I know a lot of people who have been (family up there) and that's pretty much how it breaks down.
kcag96
AG
My wife and kids went a couple of summers ago and had a great time. I recall they spent half a day, but easily made a full day out of it. We'll make it a full family trip in the future.
nosoupforyou
AG
We spent more than a week driving from Houston to the Ark and back and can give some great recommendations

Yes we are Christians, but it strengthened our faith even more to see the scientific perspectives of a young earth.. literal scripture interpretation

Strong recommend for all - opportunities to ask questions as well

The Creation Museum for a day and the Ark for a day is probably good

You 'could' do both in a day but it's too rushed

First thought - where are you coming from and how long is your trip?
We did it over 8 days but it was slated for 10 (cut short as Covid was happening while were out..) - drove 2500 miles from Houston to Kentucky and back.
ReloadAg
AG
We had planned on probabaly driving to Nashville from our home in Austin with maybe a stop in Hot Springs, AR along the way to see family. So the Ark won't be the main focus of the trip but since it's only a few hours away from where we'll be I thought it might be fun for our 7 and 5 year old kids to get some perspective on that particular part of the Bible.
nosoupforyou
AG
I did a little mapping and here's a potential really cool plan for you - go to Google Maps and add in the following destinations:

• Austin
  • Birmingham, AL (see below for some things there)
  • Nashville, TN
  • Creation Museum, KY
  • Buffalo River, AR (Jasper, AR)
  • Austin

There are plenty of others stops along that circle route that allows you to see more, vs. going in and back the same route. Tannehill State Park. Red Mountain Park and Oak Mountain State Park near Birmingham.

Then after you leave Birmingham - Drive 1 hour to Black Creek Trail in Gadsden, AL- 30 minute hike there.
Drive 45 mins to Little River Canyon/Falls for the best 60 minute rt hike to the falls.
Then to Desoto Falls for 15 minute viewing. Then to Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls -
ReloadAg
AG
I'll check it out thanks!
ReloadAg
AG
When do the leaves typically change color in northern Alabama and along that route in the fall?
CowtownEng
nosoupforyou said:

Yes we are Christians, but it strengthened our faith even more to see the scientific perspectives of a young earth.. literal scripture interpretation

What are the scientific perspectives of a literal interpretation of Genesis? Is this in the Earth is 6000 years old territory?
nosoupforyou
AG
CowtownEng said:

nosoupforyou said:

What are the scientific perspectives of a literal interpretation of Genesis? Is this in the Earth is 6000 years old territory?

Yessir

If you will spend time at www.answersingenesis.com before replying I'd be happy to respond - but ye, real scientists can really prove the earth is 6,000 years old and man and dinosaurs lived together before they went extinct

It's fascinating!
schmendeler
Scotts Tot
AG
I saw this earlier and left it alone, trying not to derail OP's thread. Wish this could get cross posted to the R&P board to see where it goes.

The young earth stuff is pretty mind-boggling. I don't want to get too critical because it doesn't seem helpful to get argumentative about it, but yea...there are a lot of people who believe this stuff.
75AG
AG
NM
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.