Turks and Caicos Recs

23 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by breezecustomtravel
ClickClackAg31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So the wife and I are planning making a trip to T&C this summer and is our first time going. First time to the Caribbean pretty much as well. Just will be the two of us so we want to stick to more of the "adults only" resorts/hotels and really just have a relaxing week spending a lot of time on the beach, eating, and drinking.

We really don't know anyone who's been so would love to get some recs for those that have. We've heard fantastic things and has been on our list for quite some time so we're excited to make it happen.

Do y'all have any recs on places to stay, things to do? Seems like there is a wide range of places and resorts, but being in Providenciales and on Grace Bay seems like the way to go. We've looked at the following spots:

- Wymara
- Bianca Sands
- Beach House
- The Palms
- Sailrock Resort (which is on South Caicos)

and even seen private villas that are available for cheaper than some of the resorts.

Anyway, any tips or advice for those that have been would be great.

TIA
Texas Ag Mom
We went last May for the first time. We rented a 1 bedrm ocean front condo at Coral Gardens. I liked the property but our particular unit was a bit of a dump. I found it on VRBO & I usually have really good luck but not this time. The good news is I pitched a fit & they refunded most of my money! While I was there I was able to check out some of the other units which were very nice. I also learned that there are 2 onsite management companies so I would check on both. If you decide you are seriously interested in CG I can share more details w/you.
Post removed:
by user
crb87
AG
My wife and I just booked a trip in June and decided on an AirBnB condo. Much cheaper than a resort and we personally do not like to stay in resorts/all-inclusives much anyways. We like to eat/drink local and explore. We have a car rented as well. We are about a block off of the water near Grace Bay in condo with ocean views.
752bro4
AG
We did Wymara this summer. It was incredible. It's expensive (the whole island is), but it was the best beach vacation we've ever taken.

Eat at Coco Bistro, email to get a reservation

Other good restaurants are on opentable.

We did a waverunner tour and it wasn't worth it, imo. Too windy and choppy to really enjoy the sights and sounds. We talked to others who did a half or full day on a private island and thought it was worth it.

Enjoy the views, and when you pass through FLL, find a Duty Free shop and grab a bottle of liquor for each of you (capped at 1 per person I think). Otherwise enjoy $125 bottle of Grey Goose or Maker's Mark on the island.
JMac03
AG
I have clients who loved Beach House as well as The Shore Club.
crb87
AG
I'm not sure where you're located but DFW has direct flights through AA. 4 hour flight... only one option a day though. Well worth it if you're near DFW in my opinion.
CyanideJenkins
AG
We went there a few years ago. Great vacation. We stayed at Seven Stars. It was nice and I would say it was more adult friendly. I don't recall many kids running around. I'll give more recommendations when I have more time. Just a few off the top of my head...

- Visit Da Conch Shack for a fun beverage on the beach.
- Eat at Coco Bistro. One of the nicer restaurants on the island.
- Snorkel at Smith's Reef. We had a rental car and drove there. There's public access to the beach at the end of the road by it.
- If you're a scuba diver, I can get you the details on the dive shop we used.
ClickClackAg31
AG
Thanks everyone this is great.

We're actually in the Bay Area and have been eyeing the direct flight to Miami and then to TC. Figured we could spend a night in Miami on the way there since we've never been.
ClickClackAg31
AG
For the beach house, we're they satisfied with the food? We're just concerned we'll do an AI and get stuck with crappy quality and wish we would've just done our own thing.
Matsui
AG
Is it safe to assume you have been to Hawaii?
breezecustomtravel
AG
I visited in November and loved Turks & Caicos.

I visited all of the properties you mentioned except Sailrock -- we ended up going to to Parrot Cay and Pine Cay instead of South Caicos.

They are all really nice - especially Wymara and The Palms. I would throw in The Shore Club as well.
Grace Bay Beach is really spectacular. Point Grace was another of my favorites and thought it priced really well.

Beach House is nice, it's a typical all-inclusive resort but on a smaller scale. There are only 2 restaurants and one pool at Beach House. Since it is with the Turks & Caicos Collection you would have access and privileges at their other two resorts, Blue Haven and Alexandra. I liked the restaurants at all three. The food wasn't out of this world amazing or life changing but it was good and gave a good variety.

I've booked some amazing villas here as well....so many great options!
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
JMac03
AG
ClickClackAg31 said:

For the beach house, we're they satisfied with the food? We're just concerned we'll do an AI and get stuck with crappy quality and wish we would've just done our own thing.
Yes they were! If you want to email or message me, I can get more detailed information from some agents who have recently visited the resort. It has been a few years since I had anyone stay there.
ClickClackAg31
AG
Yep we have. Just recently. Went to Maui.
ClickClackAg31
AG
This is great info. Thank you!

My biggest question with Wymara and Palms is the price worth it. It appears they're $1-2k more expensive for the same duration than the others. Even Beach house being an AI is $1k cheaper.
752bro4
AG
If you're worried about cost - Wymara isn't your place. We did the whole thing on points, 5 nights, and still had a $1,200 bill plus 3 dinners and 2 lunches off property and spent $100 at the grocery store, and brought booze from duty free.

A lot of it was booze and a massage, but everything is expensive. $19 glass of bubbles, $10 Turks beers, $15 Heineken, etc.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Are the Turks and Caicos considered the Caribbean? I always thought of it as being "Atlantic?"

Either way, we want to go diving there!
breezecustomtravel
AG
Wymara and The Palms are 5-star luxury resorts. They are very nice, on a nice location on Grace Bay Beach, and have some amazing amenities with beautiful views, a five star spa, gorgeous landscaping, etc....

If it's in your budget and you want a luxury beach resort experience it's worth it.
There are definitely more resorts in Turks & Caicos that are more budget friendly, nice, and clean if that's what you are looking for and still on Grace Bay and have beautiful views but maybe not as luxurious or big.

Lauren K '07
@breezecustomtravel
ClickClackAg31
AG
We're definitely thinking more bang for your buck. Feel like Wymara and Palms would just be as expensive inside as it is just to get into them. Much rather have a really solid great resort that is still very nice and luxurious but just slightly lesser price point. Do you recommend any of that ones you mentioned earlier over another with that in mind?

We're also thinking of only doing three nights and then going to Sailrock on South Turk for 3 nights.
breezecustomtravel
AG
I would definitely recommend what you are thinking - a split stay - a few nights on a island and then another resort. Sailrock is amazing, as is COMO Parrot Cay and Meridian Club on Pine Cay.

Point Grace and Seven Stars were two that I really liked on Grace Bay. Bigger resorts and had a decent price point. Point Grace just renovated their cottage rooms and they did a great job. Seven Stars in right in the middle of town and you can walk to just about anything.

I would also take a look at Blue Haven - it is family friendly - but it has a lot to offer as well.

Lauren K '07
@breezecustomtravel
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.