Mexican All Inclusive Resorts

9,223 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hammerhead
aggieband 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife & I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year. We are considering Grand Oasis-Cancun. The resort has Red Circus acrobatic show, live music performance in Havana Club, burlesque show in Kinky's Club. Anyone have experience staying @ Grand Oasis?

Southwest Airline vacation package out of Hobby is base priced at $412/person for 3 nights all inclusive. Nice price but wondering about quality of hotel/shows/food.
chrisrrtx
AG
+1 for El Dorado. Solid staff and great pool and grounds.
Down side is that their beach is smaller and the water is mostly off limits while they work on coral restoration
JMac03
AG
aggieband 83 said:

My wife & I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year. We are considering Grand Oasis-Cancun. The resort has Red Circus acrobatic show, live music performance in Havana Club, burlesque show in Kinky's Club. Anyone have experience staying @ Grand Oasis?

Southwest Airline vacation package out of Hobby is base priced at $412/person for 3 nights all inclusive. Nice price but wondering about quality of hotel/shows/food.
I will say it is not a favored property by travel agents. I have not personally been, but most of the agents I work with will not send clients there. I never quote it.

"I stayed at grand oasis and hated it. The rooms are advertised as having individual room ac but the coolest it got was 80 if that. I was suffocating from the heat and humidity."

From a travel agent who has been to almost every resort - "Personally, I would never sell an Oasis resort I know that doesn't help now, but keep it in mind for the future."

"I booked this resort for a family about 3 or 4 years ago. I did not recommend it, but they kept bringing it up based on price. I gave them a list of reasons why I didn't think this resort was a good fit for them. They wanted it anyway. Sure enough, the day they got there, my phone started blowing up with their complaints. I made a few calls and got nowhere with having them transferred to a better resort within their price range. It was stressful, but at least my butt was covered by the fact that I had a series of emails advising them to not select any Oasis resorts."

I am happy to make some other recommendations if you want to post what your budget is (or you can message/email it to me).
Greenlander
AG
No one has mentioned the weather. You are familiar with hot and muggy weather in the Houston area. Why pay a bunch on money to experience worse weather in Mexico? May through August Cancun is uncomfortably hot and muggy. It's a great place to go December through April. Ditto for Puerto Vallarta with it being okay through mid May. Cabo is a better choice May through mid June. After mid June, I wouldn't waste my money there either.

If you choose Cabo May through mid June, I would turn one of the better hotels into your own version of an all inclusive: One & Only, Las Ventanas, Esperanza, and Waldorf Pedregal would be great places to camp out for a few relaxing days. There are a few other places, but you said you didn't want to screw it up.
aggievaulter07
AG
+1 for Secrets Maroma

Get one of the Swim-out Suites!

Great food. Cleanest beaches around that aren't super crowded.
JMac03
AG
aggievaulter07 said:

+1 for Secrets Maroma

Our swim-up suite was SOOO loud. I am so grateful we only had it one night. Basically the way its set-up, everyone walks past the rooms to get to their rooms. I would have died had we been in one the whole week. It probably matters what building you are in, but all the buildings are connected by sidewalks, so lots of people pass the doors in the buildings that are closer to the main building.
JMac03
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

aggievaulter07 said:

+1 for Secrets Maroma

Love the place. We've been multiple times but the last few the seaweed (sagassum) was horrible. The crews tried their best to keep it clean but it was literally piled up 5 feet high and stunk to high heaven and then it would keep rolling in. Granted we typically go in the summer so maybe the winter is different from the tides, etc. The last time we were there we took the fairy over to Cozumel and no seaweed, so we had at least one good beach day. We won't be going back until the seaweed situation is better...
I was there in November and there wasn't a single piece of seaweed. Unfortunately it is very hit and miss, although spring/summer was way worse. You may try Secrets Playa Mujeres or even Secrets the Vine. I am not sure why StV doesn't have amazing reviews, as the property is very pretty. It is compact since it is in the hotel zone - but that beach rarely has issues.
beachfront71
AG

If its Cabo its one and only or chileno bay.
Food in the area is amazing and both are a short ride from Cabo and Los Cabos.

If you head to PV I would suggest 2 nights in town and then 2-3 nights in Punta Mita--Four Seasons or St Regis.

hammerhead
JMac03 said:

sincereag said:

JMac03, have you received any feedback on the Atelier in Playa Mujeres? I loved it there at low occupancy levels but not sure how will be when it gets more guests at a higher occupancy rate. The entire hotel and pools are beautiful and very stunning in its design. The restaurants are very good too and the Sky bar was a very nice feature.
There hasn't been a ton of feedback since it is new. I always forget about it because it doesn't show up on all of my booking platforms. But like someone mentioned above, the agents do expect the prices to increase. Many toured during construction and couldn't wait for it to open. But the few that have stayed said it was great.
Just got back after 4 nights...very nice place, never left the resort. Everything about it was nice, pool, bars, restaurants, service, etc.. One side is adults and the other side is kids..never had a problem with kids on the adult side.

I would go back.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.