How much do you pack?

4,169 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tumble Weed
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just did two weeks with an away suitcase (clothes packed in travel cubes) and a backpack for work gear and shaving kit. Midway I had my stuff laundered at a hotel. Probably had four items I didn't wear so could have had a little more room.

Without checking a bag I was off the plane, through CBP and in a ride home in 19 minutes total.
ChoppinDs40
AG
wealeat09 said:

You could get by with even a smaller one.
I agree but we paid $175 for those bags. They're not overly burdensome and can be compression strapped down to much smaller - had hip straps and the ability to zip on a 15L daypack.

Osprey knows what they're doing!

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/farpoint-70-FARPNT70.html
Tumble Weed
I am with Rick Steves, though it varies slightly. Always book an airbnb with a washer/dryer halfway through the trip when going across Europe. Usually stay 14 days. Once you get used to traveling light, you don't want to go back to bulk. I have learned that if I really need something, I can buy it when I am there.

In the Caribbean I pack even less. One nice set of clothing, shorts, t shirts, swim trunks, flip flops. My snorkel and camera gear eats up the most room.

I don't travel for business, or it would be a completely different story.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.