What trip would you take?

1,522 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
johnrth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had been planning a snowboard trip with some good friends for next march. That trip would only be with like 3 other guys that I've grown up with and still see regularly and have taken multiple snowboard trips with before. Yesterday I received a FB group message from most of the people I served with in the Navy wanting to plan a weekend trip to Vegas as a reunion. I've never been to Vegas before and I've talked to a few of these guys throughout the years but haven't had the opportunity to meet up with them and catch up in the 10yrs I've been out. Doing both is out of the question due to budgets and these trips planned a couple months apart.

I'm leaning towards the Vegas trip since I've never been and also haven't seen these guys in years. But, I feel like I'll be a bump on the log since I'm not a big drinker and won't be making it rain at the tables.

So which trip would you take?
The Lost
I'd go with who ever I wanted to see more/would have a better time with.

Skiing is much more expensive, but it sounds like you know you'll have a good time.

Vegas, you can always do, and hotels/flights are usually pretty cheap outside of a few big weekends.

You make it sound like there will be tons of drinking/partying and its not quite your scene anymore. If that's true, I'd go boarding and save vegas for another trip where you can be more control over shows/gambling/relaxing vs what sounds like partying/strip clubs.

Decide how bad you want to see those buddies and if you think you'll have a good time with them in vegas. Otherwise find another excuse to see them another year.
dcAg
Go to the reunion. You never know when opportunities might pop up.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Combine them for the best trip ever - South Lake Tahoe. Snowboard at day, then apres then gamble

That's where I did my bachelor party and it was a ton of fun
country
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

Combine them for the best trip ever - South Lake Tahoe. Snowboard at day, then apres then gamble

That's where I did my bachelor party and it was a ton of fun
I'm really surprised more people don't do this. I'm not a 24 hour gambler, but I do enjoy to sit at a table in the evenings. During the day I like to be out and about. Lake Tahoe offers both with year around activities.

That said, it doesn't sound like OP is charge of planning. I think I'd do the reunion. I'm not a Vegas fan, but reunions like that can be pretty special.
ChoppinDs40
AG
also, if you go in the spring, there's a good chance you can be skiing in a tshirt.

We wore cowboys jerseys and thermals one day and I was still sweating a bit. There's an awesome beer garden at the bottom of the Cali side as well.

We loved it. Some guys didn't make it out every night because Ski + booze + hot tub + dinner != go out on the town but still fun nonetheless.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Reunions are overrated. I'd rather spend the time and money with guys that are a known commodity and going to be around for the long haul.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.