Utah Mighty Five in 10 Days - Warning Pic Heavy

7,076 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 48secDunk
nosoupforyou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
48secDunk said:

We leave Sunday! Can't wait!
good luck! Share updates and of course any questions as you head out
BSD
AG
Little Wild Horse Canyon and the Medieval Chamber Canyoneering at Arches are two of my highlights from that side of the state, as well. So awesome!

I think that is about a 90' rappel next to a giant arch.

nosoupforyou
AG
nice pic from that angle!

I got my photo from the top and from the bottom looking up at my son coming down - good stuff!
dcAg
Sounds like you really planned that out very well. Thanks for sharing. Great pictures!
BSD
AG
nosoupforyou said:

nice pic from that angle!

I got my photo from the top and from the bottom looking up at my son coming down - good stuff!

Yeah, I was the first down and we only had one camera so my wife took pics from up top. I'm bummed I didn't get pics of my son doing it on that one. Guess we'll have to go back. But What an awesome rappel...just hanging in mid air for 70' or so! We used Desert Highlights as well. It's a good crew.

For Zion canyoneering, give Zion Adventure Company a call. They are a great outfit and are really good with kids. https://www.zionadventures.com/
oldag00
AG
Generally speaking, what's the cell reception like when traveling between Utah's Might Five?

Can we rely on access to online maps? Or should we locate and purchase a detailed paper map of Utah for safety? If so, any recommendations?
48secDunk
AG
The most problems we had with cell service were between Capitol Reef and Canyonlands. You are on back country highways with almost zero signs of any other human life.

In the other parks, the cell service was spotty, but we were able to use it for the most part. Between parks just make sure to use the GPS while you have service and it will keep it up the whole time. It doesn't hurt to look at the highways you'll be traveling on in advance so that you'll have a general idea of where you are going. Most parks are less than a two hour drive from each other and only need 1-2 highways.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.