New to this forum. Any travel agent recs for Dallas to Okinawa early June?

769 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Matsui
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have been tracking flights on Google Flights for the last couple of weeks and planned to pull the trigger this evening, only to find requirement to call the airlines instead of booking it on line for twice the price. Airline can't find the domestic carrier's flight on their system and quote me a higher price with long layover (10 hours) at LAX outbound & overnight layover on the way back with a different carrier.

I'm new to this forum but am wondering if there are any travel agents who book flights to Japan/Okinawa. I would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Matsui
AG
Give us the flight details you want
agent-maroon
AG
Fly out of Dallas on Tuesday June 5 to Okinawa, return on Monday June 18. Two adults, two children age 13 & 12
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KALALL
AG
Never mind. I booked to Hong Kong and then to Okinawa.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Have you looked at booking from Dallas to Tokyo, and then a separately from Tokyo to Okinawa?
Stat Monitor Repairman
I agree with Boots. Thats your best bet. Whatever you do, dont stop at LAX.

Nonstop to HK and connect would be my second choice.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Co-signing the previous two replies. Had to go for work a year ago. Left Houston to Tokyo, Tokyo to Okinawa. On the way back to save money, I had a layover in LAX. Do not have a layover in LAX.
agent-maroon
AG
Booked our flights last night. 2 hour layover in LAX outbound to Incheon for 5 hour layover to OKA. 9 hour layover in SFO on the way back. We're going to ride BART train into town and have a nice dinner somewhere to pass the time.

Thanks to all responders.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Incheon is a really cool airport. They have a free area where you can make Korean crafts during your layover. Can't remember which gate it's next to, but with 5 hours there you should have plenty of time to find it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Haven't been through there in several years for reasons stated, but depending on the time of day 2 hours at LAX might be tight if it involves a terminal change. Others with more recent experience can chime in, but I'd tell the kids to piss and do whatever they got to do before you land at LAX and don't dilly-dally around.

I seem to recall a lot of construction, clueless people and general cluster-****.
agent-maroon
AG
They've opened up a tunnel walkway between terminal 4 and the Tom Brady International terminal so that you don't have to walk outside and then go through security again. We're flying into terminal 7 which is connected to terminals 6, 5, 4, and TBIT. Travel sites say to allow 5 to 8 minutes between terminals so the estimated walk time is maybe 45 minutes on the long side. But we will definitely have our act together and be properly motivated to get to our connecting flight.

BTW the walk is much longer for terminals not listed above and the suggested minimum time was two hours IIRC.

Thanks for the reply.
agent-maroon
AG
agent-maroon said:

Booked our flights last night. 2 hour layover in LAX outbound to Incheon for 5 hour layover to OKA. 9 hour layover in SFO on the way back. We're going to ride BART train into town and have a nice dinner somewhere to pass the time.

Thanks to all responders.
Or maybe we will just stay in the terminal instead...
Matsui
AG
I fly in and out of lax all of the time. 2 hours is plenty.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.